If somebody can figure out what this part number actually is: ACX565AKM . . .
not sure but it might be an advanced ceramic x brand chip. they make many kinds of BT wlan GSM stuff and often go by acx

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by lma View Post
The ACXnnnAKM pattern is used in Sony LCDs, but this particular number is not listed anywhere I can see.
From a Sony parts list page:

(Note, the *1, *2, etc. should be superscript, but forum software. . . .)

(2) Low temperature LCD
(example) ACX*1 704*2 A*3 K*4 M*5
*1 : Sony low temperature LCD mark
*2 : Product number : 300 to 499 (Transmission) / 700 to 999 (Reflection)
*3 : Improvement mark
*4 : Classification for display
*5 : Mount, module format mark

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
i would definitely say the lcd not the advanced ceramics i posted above

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
If somebody can figure out what this part number actually is: ACX565AKM . . . .
From a Sony parts list page:

(2) Low temperature LCD
(example) ACX1 7042 A3 K4 M5
2 : Product number : 300 to 499 (Transmission) / 700 to 999 (Reflection)
So everything between 499 and 700 must be trans-flective!

...Any indication how big these screens are?

800x480 is mentioned in the code, it seems unlikely that it wouldn't be that.
So we know fairly certainly that the resolution will remain the same? That gives me hope that they won't shrink the screen...

Last edited by qole; 2008-12-16 at 05:30.

I can still see the potential for a smaller screen at the same pixel count. I wouldn't mind it; although I'd rather have more pixels in the same size, that seems to be pretty flatly ruled out at this point, and increased popularity with the Captain Tightpants crowd doesn't hurt me any.

Since it is going to have a nomenclature change (the Internet Tablet moniker is gone), Texrat's comment is, as ever, cryptically supporting all rumors. Why hasn't he been hired by Nokia Marketing's Prerelease Hype Division?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
...the Captain Tightpants crowd...
Man, Benson, you've got all the best lines.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by qole View Post
...Any indication how big these screens are?
I spent 30 minutes trolling google for something on any of those Sony screens, and came up with practically nothing on any of them (and absolutely nothing on the 565).

So, no, nothing I've seen poking around in the Fremantle code or on Google gives me any real information about the panel. Is there somebody about with a more direct line to Sony's OEM division or something that could make an inquiry?

There are some 30x and 70x models listed near the bottom of http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/pa...parts_ac15.php and a few more (including 5xx) at http://www.qinyielectronics.com/sdp/...0-1237503.html.

They are all quite low-res compared to the tablets though. The nearest part no match is ACX566AKM which is the one used on the Treo 690 (320x320).

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Texrat's comment is, as ever, cryptically supporting all rumors. Why hasn't he been hired by Nokia Marketing's Prerelease Hype Division?
Heh. I'd take an offer from even such an organization as that right now...

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
I think, right now, I'd only be interested in an N900 if:

1) it had the same look/format as the black N97, only with a 5 row keyboard that has the ergonomic feel of the G1 or E71, and the same screen and device size as the N810,

2) it had full phone and SMS/MMS capability, in addition to GRPS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA data capability,

3) it had a port of Dalvik for running Android apps, perhaps even using Dalvik for the the phone/SMS/MMS interface (I really like Android in that regard) ... HOWEVER, I wouldn't just want Android -- I want Maemo as the linux layer.

4) it had video out (pref. micro-DVI-I), (actually, I typed all of the rest of this out already, so I'm not going to re-number it, but this one is optional for the pocketable device, as long as it has a decent VNC server and port-forwarding SSH client; but the micro-DVI-I, or something that can do HDMI, DVI, and VGA, are mandatory or the "medium device" I describe below)

5) charge via USB-client,

6) SyncML clients for Contacts and Calendar, and kept the Dalvik contacts/calendar in sync with the maemo contacts (and hopefully calendar), preferably implementing them in a unified way (1 database for contacts, not separate databases between maemo and dalvik; 1 database for calendar, not separate databases between maemo and dalvik)

7) Tethering (as the phone, not the client): Wifi, BT DUN, BT PAN, _AND_ (not or) USB ... preferably with the USB tethering being compatible with Cradlepoint routers. So, in addition to using it as my pocketable, I can also share its net connection with my larger devices,

8) 1 or 2 microSDHC slots.

Otherwise, I'll stick with my G1 for now, and use a Netbook or UMPC as my medium device. (my ideal medium device would be similar to the above, only without the phone/txt capabilities, PCI Express Mini Card slot for optional 3G or other features, 1 or 2 full size SDHC card slots, internal flash storage in the 16GB to 32GB range, 1GB - 2GB of RAM, 7"-8" screen, and a format like the Fujitsu U810 or Samsung Q1 Ultra (only, 5 keyboard rows on the Q1 format) ... the size of the Raon Everun Digital Note is perfect, but it lacks the convertible tablet format, and its linux version lacks built-in wireless (not even wifi nor BT, you have to use a dongle) ... it'd be nice if it had better battery life, too).

I think it would actually be kind of nice to have an Android or Maemo+Dalvik phone and a Maemo UMPC (or Maemo convertible-tablet-netbook). But, I think I'm out of the "NIT/MID that isn't a phone" market. My phone-less device needs to be in the size category between phone/NIT/MID and 12"/13"/15"+ laptop, and my pocketable device needs to be a phone that has at least Android capabilities, if not fully usable linux in addition to that.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnkzin For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900