Thank you!!!!
Now it works perfect.

Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
I just installed this and played prboom it works great. the b button acts like it gets stuck sometimes. no its not my zeemote i checked.
This is a leftover from the original Wiicontrol code.
By default the b button was used to trigger alternate functions on the other buttons.
I now disabled this behavior as it seems to not work very well with the way the Zeemote works.

@Helmuth
I made the changes to the bluetooth en-/disabling as mentioned.

Overall I refactored the code quite a bit.
I hope it will be easier to maintain this way.

If you want to set custom key mappings you can do this now in /usr/lib/zeecontrol/KeyMappings.
Also the naming of the different possible mapping variants should now be clearer and easier to associate to the different buttons (A-D).

The Following User Says Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hungary
The newest version works perfectly
Thank you for bluetooth enabling support

Alright,
finally Zeecontrol got an icon
Additionally you can now define custom mappings in "$HOME/.zeecontrol/UserMappings.py".
Benefit of this file is that settings you put in there will not be overwritten on update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Alright,
finally Zeecontrol got an icon
Additionally you can now define custom mappings in "$HOME/.zeecontrol/UserMappings.py".
Benefit of this file is that settings you put in there will not be overwritten on update.
Hmm... strange. Yesterday I came home after a long trip, ready to update Zeecontrol after a good old Backup.

But after updating to the new version there is no subdirectory called .zeecontrol in /home/user and also no File called UserMappings. (yes, I know, hidden file... there are many others, but it ends with .xournal and the next is MyDocs... no .zeecontrol)

I deinstalled Zeecontrol and reinstalled it fresh. But without success. The Icon is there... but no config file.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
But after updating to the new version there is no subdirectory called .zeecontrol in /home/user and also no File called UserMappings. (yes, I know, hidden file... there are many others, but it ends with .xournal and the next is MyDocs... no .zeecontrol)
That's correct. Zeecontrol does not automatically create this directory and file. You have to create the directory and the file yourself. To get an idea of what entries in the file look like see the file "/usr/lib/zeecontrol/KeyMappings.py" for reference.

Excuse the confusion, I should have made it more clear that this is not automatically created.

Last edited by Wonko; 2010-05-06 at 09:21. Reason: Typo

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
could this work with 2 zeemotes?

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
or make it open more than one zeecontrol at a time.

Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
could this work with 2 zeemotes?
Should be technically possible.
Though I don't know how quickly I can hack something together.

By the way, this of course then also means that one would have to have some setting to choose which mapping to associate to which zeemote.
Well, lets see what can be done.

And be prepared to do some testing because I do not own two zeemotes to test with.

Alright,
I hacked a first prototype which should enable handling multiple Zeemotes.

For single Zeemote usage not much has changed, except that you can now define eight key mappings (A-H).

For handling more Zeemotes the idea of how it should work is as follows:
In the user interface you have overall five rows now.
The top row simply shows some messages.
Row two shows some color code which gives information about the current Zeemote status and row three contains the buttons to influence this status.
The last two rows at the bottom are for choosing the different key mappings.

A red color in the status code row means that the Zeemote is deactivated. A blue color means that Zeecontrol is trying to connect to a Zeemote and a green color means that Zeecontrol has successfully connected to a Zeemote.
Usually you only want at maximum one field having a blue color.

To connect a new Zeemote simply press the corresponding button for a not yet connected Zeemote (the ones with the red color) and keep your fingers crossed.
Also note that the Zeemote has to be registered in the Zeeconf settings application and that currently the detection of Zeemotes happens in the order they are registered in Zeeconf.
All this stuff might improve over time.
As said this is a first hack to get things forward.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post: