Active Topics

Ok, tried the search to no avail, so I'm opening a new thread...

Recently I tried using MicroB to scroll through a game's guide on gamefaqs. It's a somewhat large file, for textfile standards, ammounting to 512k.

The thing is, the file loads just fine, but once I attempt to search through it, as in, Ctrl-F, type string, and wait for the browser to both highlight it And scroll to the portion of the text where the string is located, it only does the former, leaving me to wonder just where the highlighted string is! Granted, it does highlight the word (when I care to scroll through the document to find where it is), but scrolling through a font size 6, 2000+ lines document kinda defeats the purpose of searching for a string in the first place.

So, is this normal behaviour? Or have I done something to MicroB? Is there anything I can do to get it to work?

Btw, I should mention that MicroB seems to behave like that in all large pages, and not only in textfiles.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to number41 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Thanks for reminding me about Ctrl-F - nearly forgotten about that...

My N900 highnlights and scrolls OK; the highlighted string is allways bottom-of-screen, which is not particularly easy to read at smaller font sizes.

Beyond that, I'll have gto leave your query to greater minds than mine - good luck!

Ok, can anyone confirm whether their microb reacts in the same way as mine? Here's how to reproduce the bug:

Visit http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/...owrun_tech.txt

Type Ctrl-F, and enter the string "Paperweight", without quotation marks.

See whether the browser automatically scrolls to designated search string.

Please say so, if your N900 is overclocked. Thanks.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Guildford, UK
I have a similar issue, although the page does scroll to the right place, just doesn't update on screen, it's a little hard to explain, but I'll have a go...

Hit CTRL+F and enter your search term. Press the return key to search and it'll obviously find your search term. Then press your finger/stylus on the page and scroll up a little, and the page will suddenly update and be highlighting your search term however far down the page it is.

So it does work, even if, to begin with, it doesn't look like it. I can attempt uploading a video to show this, if people would appreciate it.

My N900 - 250-900MHz ULV on power40, PR 1.3 Global