Hi guys... I've only started this post as it is now official that NYC and and Italy and some other places has Nokia N900 and UK STILL waiting :/ I tried finding out information on other topics but people from all over the world is saying what is happening in their country so it gets mixed up so let me share the information I read so far and people please update me or fix me

Im going to skip all the delays we had in Oct and Nov, latest i know was 16th and there is no official news about the release in UK apart from what we hear on forums or from places like Nokiaretail etc...

I thought Nokia was shipping the n900 to the stores and to people that pre-ordered and we would receive the phone next week... UNFORTUNATELY, or apparently now thats delayed too.

I've contacted nokiaretail.com as I ordered mine from there as a contract and the e-mail back said............

Dear Customer

We’re sorry to again advise you that the N900 has been delayed. There is however good news - Nokia have advised that we will receive stock into our Nokia Retail stores to allow us to dispatch your N900 on the 3rd December. Please accept our sincere apologies for this further delay which is out of our control, and be assured that you are on a priority list for dispatch of a Nokia N900 as soon as it becomes available.

Nokia Retail stores and Nokia online are the only place that the N900 is currently available on a pay monthly contract. For more details of the Nokia N900 please visit our new Nokia Retail website www.nokiaretail.co.uk

If you would like to discuss your pending order please email us at webshop@nokiaretail.co.uk.

Nokia Retail
anyway, if anyone has any information at all about the release date in UK, please post links or share here.

Thank You

Mate we've seen this email flying around at least 10 times today.

The only people getting this email are people pre-ordered from MPD & NokiaRetail, it seems like you will get the device on 3rd Dec like they stated if you ordered through MPD & NokiaRetail.

I ordered direct from NOS receive no such email. I'm hoping they'll start shipping tomorrow or Monday for NOS.

I dont understand why Nokia Retail are sending out emails whilst if you ordered direct from nokia.com - there have been no emails whatsoever. I also dont understand how the flagship store (I work near it) said, release on Thursday, then the 23rd (Monday). The 23rd is the only firm date I have heard (firsthand).

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Would you rather live in Malaysia and:

(1) have no release date information whatsoever
(2) have no idea if the phone is going to be released at all
(3) take into account the possibility that you will need to purchase from some other country
(4) and if so have absolutely no warranty coverage unless you go through the trouble to send it back to the country of purchase

Be thankful that you have any release information at all and take the fact that the N900 has started to become available at retail in the US as a good sign IMO.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to biatch0 For This Useful Post:
well only reason why we got an e-mail through is because we asked or complained to find out exact date. So maybe some that ordered from NOS can e-mail them and ask about their order status to see when they will receive and let us know aswell.
Plus I think the people ordered on contract which was i think only from nokiaretail will receive later

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Originally Posted by orig_nuttah View Post
I've contacted nokiaretail.com as I ordered mine from there as a contract and the e-mail back said............

Thank You
Out of interest when did you pre-order? I pre-ordered from Mobile Phones Direct on the 2nd of Oct, and after I spoke to them on the phone they said it would be delivered for the 1st of Dec,

The Following User Says Thank You to davedickson For This Useful Post:
Well I'm afraid that Nokiaretail and mpd will be getting the devices AFTER those who ordered from www.nokia.co.uk

Yes I know, many of you will not want to believe this. I will/have faith that I'm wrong.

However I confirmed this with senior management at the London flagship store.

ps She interjected while I questioned a teller lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maemojedi For This Useful Post:
i ordered on the 11th of Nov... plus Mobile Phones Direct is only a affiliate website which just advertises product for nokiaretail so technically, you ordered from nokiaretail aswell.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post
Well I'm afraid that Nokiaretail and mpd will be getting the devices AFTER those who ordered from www.nokia.co.uk
That's great news - thanks! As Nokiaretail/MPD say they will be delivering from 3rd December, that means my shop.nokia.co.uk order should be sent out BEFORE 3rd December. Only 2 more weeks delay!!! For definite this time!!!!

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
I dont understand why Nokia Retail are sending out emails whilst if you ordered direct from nokia.com - there have been no emails whatsoever. I also dont understand how the flagship store (I work near it) said, release on Thursday, then the 23rd (Monday). The 23rd is the only firm date I have heard (firsthand).
I was told flagship get them in stock on Friday (today if you're reading it at 2:20AM!)
Would probably take them a day to unpack and sort. Expecting delivery on Monday by NOS + instore availability @ flagships, maybe even on Saturday @ London flagship???
I'll give NOS a ring anyway to see what's happening

Last edited by Venomrush; 2009-11-20 at 02:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venomrush For This Useful Post:

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud