Posts: 387 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on May 2015 @ Italy
Guys, did you see this video? https://mobile.twitter.com/Mister1Ma...326848/video/1

It seems to be possible to have AD even on other phones with updated Sailfish. Hope someone will port it for the last release of Sailfish on Nexus 5.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to claustn For This Useful Post:
Excellent, thought there was a good chance as the license is attached to your account not a phone.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Feb 2017 @ Tbilisi, Georgia (caucasus)
Originally Posted by claustn View Post
Guys, did you see this video? https://mobile.twitter.com/Mister1Ma...326848/video/1

It seems to be possible to have AD even on other phones with updated Sailfish. Hope someone will port it for the last release of Sailfish on Nexus 5.
Yeah. That device uses CM13 base, so does nexus 5 thanks to good people here on talk.maemo.

I could not find anything about aliendalvik for that device here. I get mad when people make some amazing things like this and do not share with others. When i made some packages of AD/GAPPS for nexus 4 and 5 i immediately shared them here. Yesteday i installed latest SFOS on my nexus 5 and will look into porting AD for it on CM13 base. Looks like it's possible, but sadly we do not know if camera recording and sound works on it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matemana For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matemana View Post
Yeah. That device uses CM13 base, so does nexus 5 thanks to good people here on talk.maemo.

I could not find anything about aliendalvik for that device here. I get mad when people make some amazing things like this and do not share with others. When i made some packages of AD/GAPPS for nexus 4 and 5 i immediately shared them here. Yesteday i installed latest SFOS on my nexus 5 and will look into porting AD for it on CM13 base. Looks like it's possible, but sadly we do not know if camera recording and sound works on it.
Looks like it's AD port from Xperia X

I wonder if Jolla will ever make it available where you can just buy the license and log into any device with sfos and jolla store and download AD

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I wonder if Jolla will ever make it available where you can just buy the license and log into any device with sfos and jolla store and download AD
That will never be possible.

AD needs to be built together specifically for the SFOS of each device model so it is pure fantasy to have it "Available for any device"

For that I suggest you look into the container-based solutions.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That will never be possible.

AD needs to be built together specifically for the SFOS of each device model so it is pure fantasy to have it "Available for any device"

For that I suggest you look into the container-based solutions.
Is it though? Since I think all people have done is just rip the files out of the /opt folder and a few more scripts and get it working somewhere else.

I mean anbox is the likely candidate but the issue with that is itll need kernel rework

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
AD *can* work on compatible chipsets and *if* kernel is compiled properly also. But it's too much work for Jolla to support tons of community devices ports. Priority matters.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
AD *can* work on compatible chipsets and *if* kernel is compiled properly also. But it's too much work for Jolla to support tons of community devices ports. Priority matters.
am sure those porters wouldnt mind doing the leg work if what was required was about. but either way I think anbox will be the better solution going forward since I have a feeling AD will be locked at 4.4.2 for a while

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post: