Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
This command worked fine for me (via ssh):
Code:
smssend -n xxxxx -m "مرحبا"
Does not work for me: I've received "ÙرØبا" ("latin-1" chars according to oppenoffice). I'm using ssh on bash.

Last edited by krutznikov; 2011-10-05 at 18:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to krutznikov For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sakya View Post
This command worked fine for me (via ssh):
Code:
smssend -n xxxxx -m "مرحبا"
Probably the terminal encoding is different.
I can confirm to you a 100% that this doesn't work, either from the terminal directly or via SSH from a GNU/Linux PC.

My locale is set to UTF-8.

It must be associated with the fact that you're sshing in from Windows and that messes up the encoding somehow...

And latin-1 is used by Windows often, so that must be it, you're not encoding it properly...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post:
I've understood that the problem directly comes from Xterm, I've posted here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...91#post1115291

It doesn't, I've tried from the terminal, from urxvt, and from emacs within a proper UTF-8 locale.

It's a problem with properly trascoding the character set, caused by erroneous programming within the script.

Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
It doesn't, I've tried from the terminal, from urxvt, and from emacs within a proper UTF-8 locale.

It's a problem with properly trascoding the character set, caused by erroneous programming within the script.
I've solved my busybox problem. You're right, the latin-1 problem comes from smssend...

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Uploaded now version 0.1.10, please test it when available in the repository.

With LANG set to "it_IT.UTF8" I'm able to send message like "èòàù€" from the n900 terminal.

Btw the -c option isn't working with utf8 text, while the -C option works. I don't really know why (it's just a QtMobility call but conversation doesn't show to compose the message)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
true: the -c option no longer works (no message composed), but the -C has no more error :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to krutznikov For This Useful Post:
really cool! is there any chance that we could have blinking sms in future releases?

I can send only 70 characters at a time!! any other ppl experience same issue? I am pretty sure I used to send sms that automatically got converted to multiple sms if greater than 160 chars... Please fix this.

FYI - i am currently on 0.1.10 version

Thanks.

Originally Posted by getnani View Post
I can send only 70 characters at a time!! any other ppl experience same issue? I am pretty sure I used to send sms that automatically got converted to multiple sms if greater than 160 chars... Please fix this.

FYI - i am currently on 0.1.10 version
Today I sent 6976 chars at a time, my friend tells me that he received 9 sms... So it works for me with the same version!