Active Topics

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
On a desktop it wouldn't be an issue but on something like the N900 screen size is limited already.
Actually, I hate it even when something wastes my desktop screen space. That's why I like this trend in Gnome when some apps (eg. Nautilus, gedit, etc.) use their titlebar for displaying useful controls.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
So, today I've been taking a look at extending the experimental code. Apparently it looks a lot better on my PC than it does on the laptop as it uses the symbolic icons from close and the button looks identical. On the laptop the close icon is a red cross like on server-side decorations.

I'm considering refactoring it. I'm thinking a HildonStackedContent class. It could have members like a title, content widget and menu. On changing the visible item on the stack, the windows subtitle could be set (if present) and a menu displayed (again, if present). If a non HildonStackedContent is added on changing visible page a type check would avoid any errors.

The big question at the moment is whether to leave the GtkStack part of HildonWindow or separate it like that Fremantle version into a HildonWindowStack. As it is at the moment it makes signals a lot easier, separated it might make it cleaner, might make it possible to use stacks in other elements etc. Time to play around a bit more ��

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: