Active Topics

Notices

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yes, I can see why someone might want to sell you one. My question was, why would you want to buy one?
Because it is Hip&cool to have, because you can showoff to your hipster&coolio friends; "see here, I can start vacuuming@home while I'm here sipping latte@cafe"

And the poor crowd will be impressed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Because it is Hip&cool to have, because you can showoff to your hipster&coolio friends; "see here, I can start vacuuming@home while I'm here sipping latte@cafe"

And the poor crowd will be impressed.
Nothing to add.
Everything else is just "alternative facts".

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Since only offtopic comments are written and my technical understanding question has been answered, the topic can also be closed.
At the same time, I have looked at the attached links gleichfallls, so I'll use my robot only without external control.
Thanks for the clarification.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to monkeyisland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That is a valid concern and one that comes down to trust.
The manufacturer may all the good intentions in the world to be "trustworthy". But that doesn't stop them from being targeted by unsavoury types taking over the command and control servers and have "fun". And depending on applications they might be compelled by nameless government agencies to do this that and the other.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post: