Active Topics

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Germany
Hello community,

after setting up an entirely new N9 in OpenMode, I find myself unable to set a password for Lockscreen. This is the first time I encounter such an error though I reflash and tweak N9 phones for quite some time now.

When I insert two identical, 5-numeral codes in the "new security code" fields in Settings>Security>Lock Device>Security Code, the error output reads "wrong security code" though there hadn't been set any code before.

Is there a way to change that via command line, or do I have to rebuild everything again from flash/scratch? The situation now is that there is absolutely no security, when I let the phone lie around everyone else could look at everything because nothing can be locked.

I hope there's a soft solution for that, and thanks in advance.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Poland
It's impossible to set Security Code in Closed Mode, because CAL bits(where security code is stored) are locked after booting in Open Mode.

To use that feature you must reflash phone, but you will lose everything from phone, and it will be in closed mode.

There's the only solution working in OpenMode, but it's less secure.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92465
[anyway, nothing is really secure, if whole device isn;t encrypted]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badpixel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Germany
Thank you very much! The link you posted did the trick for me - I didn't mention that I used OpenMode. I didn't know that this did disable the Lock Code functionality in general, but now this flaw has been solved. Thx