Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
I request a ww app back on diablo and someone made it now I need one for Maemo5 I would really like some kind of tracking database to when I calculate points I can add them to the tracker for the day. Also it would be nice to be able to add points to the tracker without calculating them for items you know point value for. Here is how to calculate point value. http://www.ehow.com/how_2058466_calc...rs-points.html I am willing to pay a bounty for this application. Let me know if you interested in writing it if no one is interested I will just do a html application.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-02-15 at 20:18.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I would be interested in this as well. Andrew, have you heard of anybody working on this?

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
I request a ww app back on diablo and someone made it now I need one for Maemo5 I would really like some kind of tracking database to when I calculate points I can add them to the tracker for the day. Also it would be nice to be able to add points to the tracker without calculating them for items you know point value for. Here is how to calculate point value. http://www.ehow.com/how_2058466_calc...rs-points.html I am willing to pay a bounty for this application. Let me know if you interested in writing it if no one is interested I will just do a html application.
I don't know if you've seen this site, but it seems that at least you don't have to make your own... http://www.calculatorcat.com/free_ca...lculator.phtml

Nope havn't heard of anyone working on it yet.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Since the WW algorithm is patented and proprietary and/or copyrighted (or whatever they claim, in order for people not to be able to use it) maybe the app should let the user define the algorithm themselves, so as to avoid trouble?

Originally Posted by mannakiosk View Post
Since the WW algorithm is patented and proprietary and/or copyrighted (or whatever they claim, in order for people not to be able to use it) maybe the app should let the user define the algorithm themselves, so as to avoid trouble?
That would work but we still need a programmer to get interested.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
That would work but we still need a programmer to get interested.
It's not lack of interest but lack of time... Making just the calculator is trivial, however the details with the log etc will take some time (even if it's not particularly hard).

I would take calculator part right now. Someone could really take Advanced Calorie Tracker and modify it to work for US Weight Watchers. Its made for UK version and they don't use Fiber in their calculation. Also having it changed to standard instead of metric would be nice. I would be willing to pay a bounty and I think I have said that before not in this thread but another.

Trivial calculator attached, copy to /home/user/wwcalc.py them via terminal run following command:

"chmod a+x wwcalc.py"

whenever you want to use it via terminal run

"./wwcalc.py"

Adding .desktop file, icon and debian packaging is part of the tedious stuff I don't want to think about now.

However I already started thinking of the log data model etc so it may be that I have to write some more code soonish (say weekend) just to get it out of my system.

Edit: and if it complains something like "cannot import" then install PyGTKEditor from extras, that will get you all the dependencies you need.

Edit2: typo fix in chmod command.
Attached Files
File Type: txt wwcalc.py.txt (2.4 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by rambo; 2010-03-26 at 05:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
As you see doing stuff like this is really easy in Python.