Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Oh, you got me wrong - I have another n900, new, which I use for development from time to time and it will become my primary when the one I am using now dies. The point was that my first n900 is still alive and well and used in "production"
Indeed I misunderstood - you're sorted then

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
For me the lilfetime of my N900s was around two to three years.
I agree, about 2 to 3 years. My 4th N900 died this week.
And I can no longer find an original model in good condition. Since the massive deployment of 4G this year, I have more and more network problems, It is sadly time for me to switch to another model. Under Sailfish OS maybe? A little off topic, sorry!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kinchan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK LONDON
I have mine since 2012, still working,never flashed, no problem with usb, just got minor wear and tear....so it could last ages. Just need a new battery as now it last a day with normal use while it used to last at least 4 days.

and that is my first only n900 btw!
next: neo900

Android/iOS developer
ready for maemo coding competition 2016!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
I got one in 2011 that I still use daily, although not for phone calls. I have one functional spare. At one time or another I've had five n900s, and I've never had one die or become hopelessly bricked. I wish I had kept the one I purchased in 2009 - I gave that one (and one other) away.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
As for me I've purchased one on 2010 and stood with me for almost three & half year with excessive use and few drops and one battery change. I had to give it a way cause of some problems. Before three Months I searched again and bought a second hand good condition one and am using it as a private phone not main phone and am happy with it with a lot of MODS.

Nokia really knows how to maintain customers and keep a good condition cell phones..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to salahkhani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
I got mine in 2011 i guess in September. And i used for around 3 years as my daily device. Its still working great without any problem. Although i have repaired its usb port 3 or 4 times.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post: