Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Your wife clearly has very confused priorities.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Next time my wife complain my addiction to tablets, I'm going to show your post and she should have no more to complain...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Your wife clearly has very confused priorities.
Watchout, GA, she is now in Gainesville, Fl today and if she checked the forum, she may give you the same comment...

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-09-01 at 19:58.

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Next time my wife complain my addiction to tablets, I'm going to show your post and she should have no more to complain...
I guess, my post could be useful, sometimes, UH?

I still think the inconsistence with the Tekkeon/HD is the peak power in kick start the HD, or is actually a bug in the USB? Even only the keyboard, with presumably use very little power, no HD attached, I still have to plug/unplug to wake up the USB port. Witchcraft!
BTW, plug/unplug to wake up the USB port is the most reliable way to wake up the USB port.

bun

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Well, if your intention was solely to upset the Mrs., at least you gave it 100% effort!

Now, if you can blast it to the point where your windows rumble, that would serously be something to respect!

Any chance you could add a sub-woofer and amplifier to that setup?

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Sweet setup bun

Oh and thanks for the PTG tip!!

I need one of those!

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

The Following User Says Thank You to josiahg777 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
...Any chance you could add a sub-woofer and amplifier to that setup?
I guess you mean portable, right? I have fed the output into my stereo amp in the past and has been done before, a piece of cake, nothing to mention. Just because you asked, I connected the whole thing to a sub-woofer which takes AC power from PTG, and the whole thing is 100% portable. However, distortion is quite hi with the subwoofer, I can tell the difference. Now, with the subwoofer, you can feel the music. Oh, yes, I am feeling Edwin Starr's War, ''...it aint nothing but a heartbreaker... War, god your, what is it good for....absolutely nuthing" The whole setup including the sub-woofer is totally portable, no household current needed :-)

Now, the price tag for bun's immaturity (more like insanity now) becomes $220 + $60?

Too bad, dont know how to get a youtube video

Now listening to Danny Okeefe - Good time, Charlie got the blue. Followed with Eric Burdon's Sky pilot.............how hi can you fly....you never, never, reach the sky.

bun
Attached Images

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-09-01 at 20:02.

You can also attach an USB card reader to the USB hub. Apparantly a USB card reader is treated as an ext. HD. I cannot make it work without a powered hub.

Stick in a SD card into the card reader 1st, then turn on the host mode, and then insert the card reader. it will then read the card. It reads/write SDHC fine, I tried a 16G SDHC and read/write fine. Again, if you just stuck the cardreader into the USB without a powered usb hub, it will not work. It writes fine with a large file, I tried a 1 G file, but it chokes when writing many small files, e.g. 160 50 kB files, it crashed the tablet and the tablet rebooted (almost wet my pants, that is my dear 16 G SDHC card)

Now, here is another tips. It takes the cardreader like an extHD, so you cannot swap cards in and out like in the MSWindow system, it does not do hot swap nor refresh. To swap cards in a cardreader, you have to discontinue the USB host mode and change card and trigger the host mode again.

N810/Diablo/30-2
N800/Diablo/23-14
bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-09-03 at 00:21.

I am only 1 keyboard(I think I want to get a BT keyword) and a PTO away from your setup:-) sweet...

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Can you give more information about that little stand you're using for your tablet?

Tags
cardreader, harddrive, keyboard, sub-woofer, usb