Active Topics

Closed Thread
So I am browsing through apps in App Manager. I see an app called "simplenote" I click it and then click "Details" and then select the "description" tab to learn more about this app. In the "description tab there is a link to the Homepage for this app: http://quicknote.garage.maemo.org/
Then it hit me; "man it sure would be great if i could just click that link and go right to the site to learn more about this app before i download it. So what do you think? Would it be convenient to have clickable links in the Description section of App Manager along with the brief noation of what this app i or does. Sometimes developers have screenshots of the app to give you a better idea of how the app will work a or what it will look like, however, its on there website.
Coming from Android this use to be a great simplistic feature with my G1

note: simplenote is just an example (its the app i was lookin at at the time, thus the brainstorm)
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

Last edited by chemist; 2010-01-12 at 00:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodfellabk718 For This Useful Post:
That should be easy to code, I'd submit an enhancement bug against hildon application manager and even a patch.

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
We have a similar situation in the "about" dialogues of applications. they usually give a homepage, but you can't click on it.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
could we move this to development? or does this need further brainstorm than "make URLs clickable in hildon app manager"?

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Thanks for your report! Please file it at http://bugs.maemo.org

No need for a whole brainstorm to discuss this. Closing this thread.

Closed Thread