Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Peppers directly on the flame, make the skin go completely black, then you can rub it off very easily.

Cut the top layer off 12 tomatoes, and empty them in a bowl. Add fresh garlic, a roughly chopped onion, some kind of chilli (really depends which part of the world you live in), a small red pepper, a good dash of olive oil and a small dash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Throw the mixture in a blender, and give it a few pulses, but keep it rough.

Fill the empty tomatoes with the mixture, and put them on a very high position on the barbecue to cook slowly. It really depends on the kind and quality of tomato you have, but when you have very good tomatoes, you can get the filler to cook without having the whole tomato going smush. If you feel the tomato is going too soft, just take it off the heat and serve -- even when cold this is pretty good.

Add a piece of ham (smoked spanish ham, is pretty good with this), serve with bread and a small bowl of parmesan cheese soaked in olive oil.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Lappeenranta, Finland
IMO, the best vegetable to be grilled is chicken.

EDIT: And don't tell me they aren't gardengrown..

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I second garlic. (peeled)
It's sweet as is or lovely when dipped inside sesameoil+salt combo.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
...asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, padrón peppers... yummy...

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
Garlic for sure, not crushed or sliced, just peeled and left whole. Pumpkin is good, and egg plant cut into steak-like strips is tasty too. I would also try some shitake mushrooms.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Here's how many Koreans eat garlic on charcoal grill and it's beautiful. You make a little bowl out of aluminium foil and put sliced (not too thin) garlic inside, then put some sesame oil inside. (about 1/3 level of garlic) Then put it on top of grill. Let it sit for a good 10 or so minutes. (stir it up as needed) Garlic will boil inside the oil and will result in awesome soft and sweet garlic without any burnt marks. =)

EDIT: I have uploaded the photo to an image host.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-04-18 at 23:40.

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Here's how many Koreans eat garlic on charcoal grill and it's beautiful. ... Garlic will boil inside the oil and will result in awesome soft and sweet garlic without any burnt marks. =)

+1 this is garlic at its best.
You can also do endives (chicory).

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Here's how many Koreans eat garlic on charcoal grill and it's beautiful. You make a little bowl out of aluminium foil and put sliced (not too thin) garlic inside, then put some sesame oil inside. (about 1/3 level of garlic) Then put it on top of grill. Let it sit for a good 10 or so minutes. (stir it up as needed) Garlic will boil inside the oil and will result in awesome soft and sweet garlic without any burnt marks. =)

EDIT: Hmm. Photo doesn't show well sometimes. Try link below if it doesn't show above:
http://www.jgcafe.com/images/review2...otbulljeep.JPG
Link is "forbidden"

But I get the idea... love sesame oil too.

The garden is shaping up.

Cubanelle and Anaheim peppers...
Some Red Bell peppers...
Plum and Cherry tomatoes

And now a side garden more in the sun for onions now, and garlic next season

I love Broccoli and zucchini but they require too much space on our small inner city lot.

Thanks for all the input. Keep it coming. We be a grillin' soon.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I grilled some vegetables. They clammed up until they could speak with a lawyer. Really left me in a stew.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Chicago, US
This thread made me think about a bluetooth meat thermometer..but it doesn't seem to exist :-(

For the veggies.. thinly (longitudinally) sliced zucchini which are then wrapped around goat cheese..have to try the Korean garlic thing.