Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
my n900 is completely ruined....

issues...
fm transmitter not workin
usb port solderpoints broke of... i ve rebuild usb to a 8 pin Dock which is on the bottom now...
usb not workin (n900 recognizes usb but pc dont...)
a resistor broke off from mainboard...

now i can do 3 things...

try to get my n900 workin.... i dont think i ll make that ....
buy another n900
or buy a n9.... but i ould miss the fm transmitter.... and the maemo community....

what should i do??

which is better?? n900 or n9?? for a user which want a device which is just workin....

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
I'm pretty sure the N9 has a FM chip capable of transmitting FM.

If you think the n9 will suit your needs you can wait it out untill it's finally there, and in the meantime keep your N900 or a spare phone.

And the N9 community will be mostly the same. See meego or harmattan forums as well as the harmattan section on this site

N9 all the way..... its going to be epic

The Following User Says Thank You to sts1976 For This Useful Post:
well, if u get another n900 you already have donor phone for all the parts you might ever need, after your new warranty runs out. Genuine local stock N900 selling for around $400AUD with 2 year warranty, i assume prices are similar worldwide. I don't think there is a better phone for the money- with gurantee + parts you know you will have a good, useful, functional device for many years...

But maybe get a n9 as well to see what buzz is about. Also maybe pick one up with carrier contract and get n9 essentially free, dunno.
(kinda like this, http://shop.vodafone.com.au/mobile-d...ng-galaxy-s-II , but with n9)

Last edited by quokka; 2011-08-29 at 19:37.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
ok... i thought the n9 was allready released.... hmm.... then i ve to stick with the n900 for a while... btw... is there any way to test the fm trans softwae wise??

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
i dont know much as if N9 is naturally interesting but if it is ,go for it when it is released .N900 is a great great device ,owns a great community and it can still rule for years .Just mark my words !!

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I vote for N900

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal - Angola - Congo RD - United States
I will vote n900!

nothing is more fast than that keyboard!

I try using n8.. no keyboard..

than I bought e7... not bad.. but the n900 still rocks

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
N900 is the best of all the time!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Tags
buysomethinelse, new or old?