I would suggest you try reflashing the phone with the official pr1.2 firmware when it is released. Once that is done, you should be able to flash the emmc.

As long as you can still flash the phone, there is hope. I would hang on the phone until then.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@abill_uk: that is one data point, based on your particular hardware unit, your particular software configuration and your particular daily usage pattern.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Again our hero comes and saves the day. Would you please share other information about this situation.

btw. Do you have that "Jump to conclusion" carpet or where you pull out your conclusions?
Conclusion in this case for YOUR benifit is down to pure bench testing since the leak and flash which is more than i can say Nokia did before releasing the N900 !.
Your yet another know it all hmmmm funny you all come together isnt it.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Only thing, which is funny is that people complain that they encounter problems with a development version of PR1.2. There are lots of improvement compared to old version, but as said it is still under development. What do you expect?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@abill_uk: that is one data point, based on your particular hardware unit, your particular software configuration and your particular daily usage pattern.
No way ysss!
He is Mr. Sir Engineer! He knows everything.
After the firmware image was leaked, he decompiled it, read through the code and assumed that everything is running perfecly (in less than 24 hours).
He is the one reading good-night-stories for Chuck Norris, when he is tired.

Edit: And then he accuses the other to being on high horses, being ignorant and "know" everything.
Edit2: Also he predicted the official PR 1.2 being released within 36 hours... That was one and a half weeks back...

"What shall we do with abill_uk?"

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-05-12 at 08:11.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
No way ysss!
He is Mr. Sir Engineer!He knows everything.
After the firmware image was leaked, he decompiled it, read through the code and assumed that everything is running perfecly.
He is the one reading good-night-stories for Chuck Norris, when he is tired.
Yeah, please respect the engineer.. who actually has the source code for the leaked firmware and also has 50% of Nokia's stock...

Fun fact, Chuck Norris is not a human, he is however a robot that has been engineered by abill_uk...

Last edited by bandora; 2010-05-12 at 08:08.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
For everyones information my N900 is used 24/7 and is NEVER off, so i think i have the right to say its actually been bench tested especially after this time since flashing BUT the only thing i did not do was overclock because quite frankly your asking for big trouble as the N900 neither has vent or fan capabilities and in time the heat will damage the pcb especially around the cpu area.
Now as i am probably about the 100+++ or so people that i have actually read myself on this forum that reported never had problems with the leaked fw then i think thats fair comment for all you know it all's OK?.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Where in the above thread did anyone blame their problem on Nokia? I completely missed it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Conclusion in this case for YOUR benifit is down to pure bench testing since the leak and flash which is more than i can say Nokia did before releasing the N900 !.
Your yet another know it all hmmmm funny you all come together isnt it.
We all followed the biggest know it all.

I think you get what I'm insinuating here, unless the leaked PR1.2 breaks common sense.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Motherboards can withstand a LOT of heat....my main PC is 2.0@2.8Mhz for the past 6 years with a scortching hot northbridge without a fan!....so don`t worry so much about destroying your device....the phone is not even hot to the touch when it`s at 100% cpu @ 900Mhz....it will shorten the life of the cpu but until the cpu dies you`ll be buying an N3000!.....ahaha