Active Topics

Notices

I would like to post about a (yet-another) twitter client that I have written for n810. It uses SVG based GUI framework - Inkface.

You can see the demo video here

(Can someone please tell how can I embed the flash video inline with this post, the [HTML] tags are off for me I guess)

You can try out the client yourself:

In the Maemo Application Manager, add following Catalog:

Name: Altcanvas
Web Address: http://repo.altcanvas.com
Distribution: testing
Components: main

Refresh the application list. You should see 'twitter-inkface' app in the list. All the dependencies will be automatically pulled from the repo.

In case you hit any problem with the repository (because it's my non-standard implementation of a debian repo ), you can download following four .deb files and install them "dpkg -i *.deb".

libaltsvg,inkface-python, inklib, twitter-inkface.

With this milestone, inkface libraries reach a v0.1.2. To know more about Inkface project, visit the project page.

Feedback is appreciated!!!

(I know I should have used maemo-extras, instead of private repo. Maybe next time)

got it, installed it, opened it, nothing opened. notin'. wazzzzup?

The Following User Says Thank You to linkxs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Lake Elsinore, CA
I'm looking for a better Twitter app than Mauku which allows Retweets from within the app.

Does twitter-inkface let you do Retweets without having to start a web browser?

Thanks

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by a1mega View Post
I'm looking for a better Twitter app than Mauku which allows Retweets from within the app.

Does twitter-inkface let you do Retweets without having to start a web browser?

Thanks
If this app doesn't do it for you - I'd recommend you to check out http://www.tweetgo.net
It's a twtter webapp originally written for the N900 but I use it on my N810 and it looks and works beautifully.

I have it setup as an icon in personal launcher "browser --url...blah blah" so it's basically a very light-weight 'app' for me.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-08-13 at 21:13.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
If this app doesn't do it for you - I'd recommend you to check out http://www.tweetgo.net
It's a twtter webapp originally written for the N900 but I use it on my N810 and it looks and works beautifully.

I have it setup as an icon in personal launcher "browser --url...blah blah" so it's basically a very light-weight 'app' for me.
Thanks, Silver, "tweetgo" works great on my N800. One question though, if I am "following" someone, how do I send a "tweet" to them using "tweetgo" (which button) on my N800, I know how to do it on "twitter".?

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-08-19 at 14:01.

Tags
inkface, svg, twitter