Notices

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Thanx, mr id!
- "the huge playlist issue" is fixed by your patch, no library in there anymore
- progressbar in "Now playing" works very nice
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
Thanx, mr id!
- "the huge playlist issue" is fixed by your patch, no library in there anymore
- progressbar in "Now playing" works very nice
Great! Thank you.

Let me know if you can browse your file system by changing the settings and I'll package this up.

cheers

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
I can very well browse my PC file system now, works like a charm.

Here's another two suggestions:
- add "Set default directory" in settings so I have my music at once
- the volume-level is much too high. put default value to 50% (middle position). If desktop engine is set to 100% that would just fit to its max.

Thanks again, this is such a great app!

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
- add "Set default directory" in settings so I have my music at once
- the volume-level is much too high. put default value to 50% (middle position). If desktop engine is set to 100% that would just fit to its max.
When you are browsing the file system you can use the 'heart' icon to set a folder as your default home directory and the 'star' icon to add folders to your favourites. I think that does what you want.

Volume has changed since VLC 1 as well then, I'll look at changing the scale for VLC 2 connections before I republish the app.

Thanks a lot for the feedback and testing.

cheers

Originally Posted by mr id View Post
When you are browsing the file system you can use the 'heart' icon to set a folder as your default home directory and the 'star' icon to add folders to your favourites. I think that does what you want.
Exactly, got it figured out now - nice!

Another question: can album art be shown on the phone? - If so, how?

Concerning the Meego graphics error: It seems to have removed (not physically) the selected background image for lockscreen and put a black or plain background instead. I had to manually reselect the background image. I don't know if anything else is messed.
No biggie so far, but you should look what you can do about it or at least inform people that this might happen. I was really scared when reading
"Meego graphics system destroyed"

Another question: can album art be shown on the phone? - If so, how?
Yes, it should work if VLC on the pc has the art downloaded. I think there should be a setting on VLC 'Album art policy' or similar - make sure that is set to download 'as soon as track is added'.

To be honest, I'm seeing less Album Art with the latest VLC but do still see plenty on the remote.

Concerning the Meego graphics error: It seems to have removed (not physically) the selected background image for lockscreen and put a black or plain background instead. I had to manually reselect the background image. I don't know if anything else is messed.
No biggie so far, but you should look what you can do about it or at least inform people that this might happen. I was really scared when reading
"Meego graphics system destroyed"
I see that message all the time and have never had any issues. Tempted to say it must be unrelated, were you doing anything else during the same session? - but if that's what you saw happen then it did.

I think there should be a setting on VLC 'Album art policy' or similar - make sure that is set to download 'as soon as track is added'.
To be honest, I'm seeing less Album Art with the latest VLC but do still see plenty on the remote.
VLC is set as mentioned above and I see Album Art on PC, but not on the remote (never did).

I see that message all the time and have never had any issues. Tempted to say it must be unrelated, were you doing anything else during the same session? - but if that's what you saw happen then it did.
I'm not 100% shure as I realized it some time later, but I'd say it is most likely, as I did nothing else to the system.
I guess nobody likes surprises when installing or doing sth. system-sensitive. My point is to inform people before they have to read sth. like this. They might not only be surprised and scared, but could get upset and complain about it.
This is, of course, presuming that there is no real damage to the system, which I cannot verify. So far everything seems to work.
Also I'm wondering, if every app brings some minor issues ("just ignore the errors..."), each not critical for itself, they might sum up to a major problem if enough of them occur and affect each other or the system. And this might affect interoperability for PR1.3 too, I guess?

So I'm on a clean (flashed) PR1.3 now with my N9. And I would like to keep it clean...
I'd love to install this again, but hesitate due to the error msg.
Can you fix that and provide a new deb with the updated vlcremoteqml? - That would be so awesome!

I mean, this is great stuff and you should make it to the store with it. I would gladly buy it, if it's properly coded.
I can even see you winning a price with this in the Coding Competition...

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2012-07-15 at 11:33.

Bump...
Can you fix that and provide a new deb?
Will this ever happen?

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
No pause button? No fast forward? Seriously?

It's /usr/share/vlc/lua/http/.hosts in *buntu 14.04 / vlc 2.1.4
https://wiki.videolan.org/Documentat...les/http_intf/

Last edited by int_ua; 2014-09-09 at 15:44.