Active Topics

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
Hi, after using the N810 for awhile, I have a few questions and strange things I'm still trying to figure out:

1. RubyBox won't download any of the games for me, creates a zero-length zip file and sits there doing nothing, eventually times out. I've tried running it as root and downloading into various different locations.

2. Easy Debian: For some reason I can't launch some of the programs via the icons, although running the program from a terminal window works fine. OpenOffice Launcher is one of these. This worked before Diablo5 theme install, but then I was using the normal menu to launch programs.

3. Are there options to compile and run windows programs? I've seen Wine/WineLib and Mono are available in some form for Maemo. Has anyone had any luck with these on Maemo 4/Diablo?

4. OpenGL API? I would love to compile Mednafen (for Atari Lynx emulation) for maemo, but it's a SDL+OpenGL app. I think the answer is no from my searching, but might as well ask.

I've had better luck with standard DosBox over RubyBox,and ScummVM is great if all you're wanting are certain games.

I can't speak for the other questions as I have no experience with them.

Originally Posted by shawnjefferson View Post
4. OpenGL API? I would love to compile Mednafen (for Atari Lynx emulation) for maemo, but it's a SDL+OpenGL app. I think the answer is no from my searching, but might as well ask.
The n8x0 has minimal 3D acceleration in hardware but no driver to use it. You could try installing Mesa GL but that is software-only opengl. Running apt-cache search mesa returns 7 packages.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI

Janne (Ukki) probably cleared out most of the stuff he was offering for download on his server.

Can you at least download the KB mapper? That's probably the most important since all of the other stuff you can find on web sites.

Also, from this post....
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=578

You'll need it for Rubybox.
usr.zip

I haven't been able to track down the nokia.sys file for the dosbox keyb command, links to it are dead. Anyone have that?

I need to figure out the mapper in dosbox too...

You shouldn't need the nokia.sys file, at least I never have.

Here's the contents of my /home/user/.rubybox/.mappers/
mapper72.txt

To type anything with the keyboard into dosbox (like numbers, slashes, colons, etc...), don't you need the nokia.sys file?

I'll take a look at that mapper file and see if that helps...

Edit: found it! It's called "selene.sys" now, and it works great for the N810 keyboard.

http://depot.javispedro.com/dosbox/selene/selene.sys

Last edited by shawnjefferson; 2012-01-31 at 18:32.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
The n8x0 has minimal 3D acceleration in hardware but no driver to use it. You could try installing Mesa GL but that is software-only opengl. Running apt-cache search mesa returns 7 packages.
Thanks for that, I was able to get the mesa GL library installed in scratchbox, but unfortunately it now wants libcdio, which I couldn't find for maemo. I think that this library is only used for emulation of one of the systems and I am interested in mednafen for the Atari lynx emulation only, so I may hack the source code to remove all the libcdio calls and see if i can get further.