Yep, the first is in the general category, and the second is in email (if i remember correctly). I'm not sure if the latest version on Nokia store doesn't have edit settings,i remember having to download an older version from this thread to be able to set them again, but i may be wrong.

In what version of MeMailSettings can I find those 2 fields? I can't choose option "Edit Settings", only "Email Settings" and "Edit Folders". The contextual button (under-right) always lets mee choose the "about" screen.

Tonight I'll try an old version as rajveer suggests. I hope it works.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
In what version of MeMailSettings can I find those 2 fields? I can't choose option "Edit Settings", only "Email Settings" and "Edit Folders". The contextual button (under-right) always lets mee choose the "about" screen.

Tonight I'll try an old version as rajveer suggests. I hope it works.
Use the latest version when you open it you have easy tweak mode, edit settings and edit folders...

Click on edit settings, choose your MfE Hotmail account then navigate to email_mime set to TRUE then navigate to email/email_mime set to TRUE...click on set from the context menu after you change the value of each field...Re-sync and it should all work

I have version 0.1.0 installed, I'll remove it and install the latest version. If I still can't see the "edit settings" option, I'll try an older version.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
Whatever I try, I keep receiving my Hotmail in plain text, even if I enable "Fetch full message's MIME" and re-sync my mails.
Does anyone have Hotmail working in HTML format on their N9?
I too have the same issue. It was working fine some days ago but I needed to flash the N9. Now the Plain text over Hotmail. I have MemailSettings 0.10. Settings are "Sync back all Emails" True, "Fetch full message's MIME" True, Force EAS protocol version" True and it is set at 2.5. Emails are syncing properly but with plain text. I have also rebooted the device after these setttings. I hope someone could help me/us...

Posts: 184 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Nizhny Novgorod
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Use the latest version when you open it you have easy tweak mode, edit settings and edit folders...

Click on edit settings, choose your MfE Hotmail account then navigate to email_mime set to TRUE then navigate to email/email_mime set to TRUE...click on set from the context menu after you change the value of each field...Re-sync and it should all work
ha-ha, so they 'fixed' something on the server side again.... nice... So, I guess I need to make another update of the MeMailSettings.

To all users that are using 'Ovi Store' version of the MeMailSettings. There is a simple (for everyone, who worked with vi ) way to get this 'Edit settings' button.
All you need to do is to edit a little bit 1 qml file.
So, all you need to do is to uncomment this button's code in /opt/memailsettings/qml/MainPage.qml file.

This button's code looks like this:
Code:
Button {
id: settingsButton
text: qsTr("Edit Settings")
onClicked(): {
pageStack.push(Qt.resolvedUrl("AccountsPage.qml"), { nextPageName: "SettingsListPage.qml" , showOnlyMfE: false })
}
}
Likely, I'll be able to update MeMailSettings on this week if this 'email_mime' really helps with Hotmail

WARNING: Be careful with 'Edit settings' functionality, because you can break your email account. So, make sure that you now what you are doing on this settings page.

P.S. If you want to say 'thank you' to the devs, feel free to donate (just visit the support page and click a big 'donate' button ) or at least 'like' my youtube video and the application in the Ovi Store

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sergey_Kashin For This Useful Post:
I just realized, that in Easy tweak mode I'm already changing 'email_mime' setting (check out the source code). So, if it is not working, than something else is changed on the server side (ohh, that Hotmail...).

Don't know how to sync your Hotmail account as an Exchange account with your Nokia N9? Use MeMailSettings! For help you can check out MeMailSetting's support page.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Sergey_Kashin View Post
I just realized, that in Easy tweak mode I'm already changing 'email_mime' setting (check out the source code). So, if it is not working, than something else is changed on the server side (ohh, that Hotmail...).
For some reason Sergey when Easy Tweak enables MIME support you can go back into Edit Settings mode and see only 'email_mime' is set to TRUE while 'email/email_mime' doesn't change from FALSE hence the issue (although the source shows it does change both )...Setting both of these to TRUE manually does the job just fine... Hotmail still haven't been able to beat you

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
For some reason Sergey when Easy Tweak enables MIME support you can go back into Edit Settings mode and see only 'email_mime' is set to TRUE while 'email/email_mime' doesn't change from FALSE hence the issue (although the source shows it does change both )...Setting both of these to TRUE manually does the job just fine... Hotmail still haven't been able to beat you
hmm, ok, then I guess it is a bug :-D I'll take a look at this issue, but at first I want to finish my work on a small BB10 application (sources are available on github as well as MeMailSettings sources)

can u see html email now?