Posts: 43 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Austria
It's too bad there is no alternative with MeeGo on the horizon. I feel that Nokia is not worth my money with this stupid strategy.

Using my N900 for another year is OK but I hope that 2012 will be a better year for MeeGo on handsets...

Nokia has no future.

In three years Nokia would be extremely lucky if they're still out there making rubber boots. As for phones -- no chance.

This is part of the plan. Microsoft is sacrificing Nokia to give WP7 two more years of zombie life-support.

WP7 is a massive flop, if not for Nokia's self-destruction, WP7 would be a cancelled project within 2012.

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
I think the smell of sewage entered at the exact time you entered, coincidence - maybe.

Anyway, wake up little baby boy. What I presented to you is the future of Nokia, if you don't like it - who cares.

is it a dedicated camera button or windows button?

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
To pile on if you watch the whole video you can see Elop at the end say the N9 will come out by the end of the year. It is ready to ship they have developer devices ready to ship today. I believe MS called yesterday and said delay this product and ship them simultaneously.

This really stinks, I understand corporate politics but this is really terrible. Nokia is a real brand with hardcore loyalists and Elop doesn't understand that (or does and doesn't care), I mean really how many HTC fanboys are there out there.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Something pretty horrible if true said by dsmobile. He has proven himself many times over at MR forums. Newest being this Windows phone being clone of Nokia's nonqwerty MeeGo phone said 2 months ago.

It would make kind of sense as of why the release date was not given for phone that looks ready.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
I don't believe that anyone will buy the Mango leak was not on purpose.
The timing is just too precise.

You presented a bunch of self sustained crap that would even make Eldar think twice before publishing.
I don't care about the future of Nokia, its a money making machine just as any other company is.
I don't know what self sustained crap is, but anyway. What I presented is only what Nokia has communicated the last couple of days. If you had listen to what Nokia and Elop actually say (and it is all there on the web), it should all be very obvious. But, as many here on TMO, you rather continue living in your smelly fantasy world where Elop is satan, and MeeGo is the cute little lamb he ate for breakfast. The word pathetic doesn't even start describing how you are acting.

Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
I don't believe that anyone will buy the Mango leak was not on purpose.
The timing is just too precise.
And the video editing.... couldn't have been an audience member.

Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
To pile on if you watch the whole video you can see Elop at the end say the N9 will come out by the end of the year. It is ready to ship they have developer devices ready to ship today. I believe MS called yesterday and said delay this product and ship them simultaneously.

This really stinks, I understand corporate politics but this is really terrible. Nokia is a real brand with hardcore loyalists and Elop doesn't understand that (or does and doesn't care), I mean really how many HTC fanboys are there out there.
And Nokia is the absolute last mobile company that needs this extra sh1t. They make a great product, release it when ready, not get stuck in to these politics.
Kind of ironic that when they finally make product that captures people outside of Nokia fan base they can't release it because of their supposed savior.

Last edited by tissot; 2011-06-23 at 19:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
And the video editing.... couldn't have been an audience member.
That video wasn't from an audience member. It's branded in the end with Nokia's indicia. It's more than likely to have been an internal video that didn't stay internal for long.

Regardless... timing is impeccable. N9... shortest Maemo release ever? We'll see...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I am so happy I bought NOKIA shares yesterday.....its only going to go up!! Elop is great. Hail the chief boys

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/23/n...ges-and-video/

after reading the engadget link I am disgusted, as most of you are... if this intra-Nokia politics really sabotages N9 in favor of the WP7 thing then i am going to give up on anything good in this world... it sounds like N9 might not even be released in north american market in order to help the WP7...

edit: I cant seem to find the video...

Last edited by SAABoy; 2011-06-23 at 20:46. Reason: heh

The Following User Says Thank You to SAABoy For This Useful Post: