Active Topics

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Maine & Florida - USA
Even though there's no toolbars nor status bar (like in firefox) I'm hoping for some add-ons like add blocking

Not compatible with finetune.com stations?

Was able to play a song via artist search, but nothing happens when you try one of the online radio stations.

Originally Posted by icerabbit View Post
Not compatible with finetune.com stations?

Was able to play a song via artist search, but nothing happens when you try one of the online radio stations.
Seems to be working for me, tried couple of different stations and artist search.
Thx for the link btw, didn't know about finetune.com before.

--
my

You're welcome. Only learned about it a short while ago myself.

Really strange.

I wish it would work for me as well, but I can't get it to play in either MicroB or Opera mode. When I click through on a station [play] on the right side of the screen ... it doesn't become active in the top left corner of the screen. Instead it refreshes the right column, jumping to the top of the stations windows.

And ... again, clicking on the artists listed on the let works? So it is not a codec issue.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
My 2€c after having played with it for a while.

First of all: works far better than opera when posting with blogger. Yesterday I posted something and finally being able to select the font type, and the whole functions of the blogger interface.

Still a bit slow, sometimes unresponsive until it has finished the page loading, but very fast when going back to previous (cached) page.
Also noticed that it has the same behaviour like the desktop version, so that if you press the backspace key it sometimes goes back to previous page. Very annoying when you are writing something ("Are you sure you want to go back and lose all your modifications?"). Doesn't appear to always do it, sometimes the text window is in focus, you press bksp and it works but then it loses the focus and the page goes back.

I installed it last night and it was my first app since getting it yesterday. I am not as picky as far a as what a browser can do. I wanted it for internet banking and it worked. I had a treo for two years and could not do it. Great machine.

Originally Posted by disq View Post
Tip: To enable the "default browsing switcher menu", to be able to switch to Opera, close all instances of the web browser, and edit /home/user/.browser and make "hidden=true"

That way you don't have to uninstall it if you need Opera.
Can someone setup by step this. I'm new to linux & the n800.

I have x terminal. Start there.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Maine USA
Originally Posted by curiousj View Post
Can someone setup by step this. I'm new to linux & the n800.

I have x terminal. Start there.
Easy...

First using Application Manager...install leafpad

then in xterminal type

leafpad /home/user/.browser

from there on in it's just like using a word processor.

Originally Posted by dtrask View Post
Easy...

First using Application Manager...install leafpad

then in xterminal type

leafpad /home/user/.browser

from there on in it's just like using a word processor.
Perfect.

Its already set to =true.

Now I have the engine choice but when I select Opera, close the browser, and reopen it MicroB is still selected. Anyone having the same problem?

And another possible quirk that i noticed is the browser wouldn't obey my disabled Open Thumb pad with Rocker option. I would click up and down the page element and it would open the small keyboard when it ran into a textbox. I use the past tense because it doesn't do it anymore.

Last edited by curiousj; 2007-07-27 at 06:06.

Dunno If this bug has been files or not, but here goes:

I surf to www.internettablettalk.com and see topics on front page. I pick something like "what's the next gen tablet like" I can read it just fine untill I see a picture embedded in the post. Just like that mozilla crashes.