Active Topics

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Is holding the pad for a second longer really that hard?
Does it matter? One should be able to modify an open-source browser to do whatever they want, within reason.
This is entirely within reason.
I have Opera setup the same way, makes reading pages faster. I've also disabled the scroll-bars in Opera so that I have that much more screen real-estate and can display more text. It's the perfect mobile browser for me since I don't tend to use many sites that would need me to jump over to the micro-b engine.
Operaa also tends to render pages faster than the current micro-b browser.
Once micro-b comes up to par with Opera in page rendering speed then I'll probably look at switching.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
A bug i noticed the context menu keeps on popping up whenever i select a link. It only seems to happen when using the stylus to click links with a BT keyboard.
Very annoying.

Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Is holding the pad for a second longer really that hard?
a) That used to work, it does nothing in the latest incarnation of microb. At least on my N800.
b) And it's not the same as paging _at all_, it's horrible. It's a kind of jerky, slow, multi-line scrolling.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
And it's not the same as paging _at all_, it's horrible. It's a kind of jerky, slow, multi-line scrolling.
Agreed, that's one of my biggest pet peeves re: the 770 -- system scrolling speed should be adjustable. I'd love to avoid using the stylus to read pages and RSS feeds but it's...so...damn...slow...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by iball View Post
Does it matter? One should be able to modify an open-source browser to do whatever they want, within reason.
This is entirely within reason.
You're right. Then there's no reason to bother anyone about it because you can just recompile the code yourself with what you want.

I installed the MicroB browser, and now when I check the "Set Engine" "MicroB" is selected - no matter if I choose Opera - MicroB is always hi-lighted. To top that off, I'm pretty sure Opera is the browser that is set on my N800 as when I go to Google docs, it says I need a compatible browser such as Mozilla, Firefox, seamonkey, or IE.

I noticed that the developers state on their garage page that bugs should be reported to Bugzilla. But for the life of me, I can't find where to report the bug. I even signed up to the garage, but I still can't find this place.

Can someone link me?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by booyah5 View Post
I installed the MicroB browser, and now when I check the "Set Engine" "MicroB" is selected - no matter if I choose Opera - MicroB is always hi-lighted. To top that off, I'm pretty sure Opera is the browser that is set on my N800 as when I go to Google docs, it says I need a compatible browser such as Mozilla, Firefox, seamonkey, or IE.

I noticed that the developers state on their garage page that bugs should be reported to Bugzilla. But for the life of me, I can't find where to report the bug. I even signed up to the garage, but I still can't find this place.

Can someone link me?
Thanks for taking the time to actually read this thread.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Thanks for taking the time to actually read this thread.
Seconded.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
I just installed MicroB today. The one thing I've noticed that I find really annoying is that holding down the stylus on a link does not bring up the simulated 'right-click'. Thus, I see no way to open links in new windows. Anyone else gotten this to work?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Works for me, although it doesn't work every time - if I don't get the rotating circle within a second or so I know it's not going to work so I drag the stylus off the link before raising it (to avoid initiating a single click and following the link) then I try again and it usually works.