We really need an update as soon as possible. This applications's problems are starting to be very annoying.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Ok, I'm not able to register the app after reinstalling it. I'm getting stuck in a screen saying success after logging into Facebook. Can somebody help me out with this?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Ok, I'm not able to register the app after reinstalling it. I'm getting stuck in a screen saying success after logging into Facebook. Can somebody help me out with this?
please refer to this post for solution http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=273

The Following User Says Thank You to kai_en For This Useful Post:
Dear all,

we are sorry for the issues you're having currently with Meego.

We're working across several new platforms, including S40, S60, Windows Phone 7 and also Android, iPhone and Blackberry. This involves a lot of work and, as you all know, Meego is only one phone and this platform is not going to be expanded in the future.
Consequently, the development for Meego goes slower than for other platforms, but we're working on it.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best,
Aleksandra

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aleksandra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aleksandra View Post
Dear all,

We're working across several new platforms, including S40, S60, Windows Phone 7 and also Android, iPhone and Blackberry. This involves a lot of work and, as you all know, Meego is only one phone and this platform is not going to be expanded in the future.
Consequently, the development for Meego goes slower than for other platforms, but we're working on it.

Best,
Aleksandra
Aleksandra, if the eBuddy team doesn't have the resource to give proper attention to MeeGo why not make the code open source and let the community improve it? This is the way Mozilla handled Firefox for MeeGo and now we have very good working version of Firefox due to the effort of the community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Dear all,

Best,
Aleksandra
@Aleksandra

So basically in December (Jan?) you guys were just lying as-to-what your aims were?
Never did you say that it'd get much less developmental priority in x months...
Back then you assured us it'd reach feature parity with Android/iOS w/the 2nd major release.
You already have one in the Nokia Store, we're just waiting on that next major release.
There's was some features that needed to be added, & then it would be at parity.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-21 at 16:34. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
@Aleksandra

So basically in December you guys were just lying as-to-what your aims were?
Never did you say that it'd get much less developmental priority in x months...
In Dec you promised it'd reach feature parity with Android/iOS w/the 2nd major release.
You already have one in the Nokia Store, we're just waiting on that next major release.
There's was a few features that needed to be added, & then it would be at parity.
Dude, chill. Its much better when a representative is being honest with us rather than fake promises and hopes (remember liveprofile?).

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
First Peregrine, now eBuddy wants to abandon us. (sigh) Who will be the next Brutus?

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
First Peregrine, now eBuddy wants to abandon us. (sigh) Who will be the next Brutus?
Nokia??? :

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Dear all,

Best,
Aleksandra
Hi Aleksandra,

First thank you very much to keep us updated here on maemo.talk an other websites - I think that's something we all should appreciate. Most loyal XMS users have been very patient and also can mainly understand decisions your team make. Still, there are things which are not comprehensible.

I'm started to use ebuddy XMS on iOS shortly before I bought the N9 & because you announced it. Since then I'm a daily user but of course anything else than happy about the development.

I'm the founder and one of the authors of the new www.allboutn9.info website and we daily get questions about WhatsApp or XMS on our website, email or Twitter. The interest of many N9 user is incredibly huge in such a messaging application. I would love to recommend XMS to those people, but the actual version is just a disappointment to most of them.

I can understand that the N9 has a lower priority than others, but you should see a new N9 user much more valuable than f.e an iOS or Android one. Why?

I'm in the age and social environment where most of my contacts use WhatsApp (which is without question the leader in this category of application). If I ask an iPhone user about XMS, simply nobody knows it and cares about it (i don't say It's globally this way). On the other side you have N9 users who instantly would use XMS if a satisfying version is available. I already ported most of my contacts to XMS and some of them even started to use it with other people since they prefer it - multiply this with most N9 users.

XMS is a great product and even ahead of it's biggest competitor (for many reasons, like WebXMS). But that competitor is just so dominant that it will be hard for you to get the deserved attention.

Even though the MeeGo Harmattan might not be continued it's now your opportunity to win new, valuable and future loyal customers - but what you do is the opposite, you "scare" them away. Just have a look at the reviews of XMS on Nokia Store. It's disastrous - a typical user doesn't care if it's beta or not (or doesn't even know what beta means). What they see is a very uncompleted messenger and they won't come back that fast or won't even try it out...

In case a community-made WhatsApp client really will be published, none of those N9 users will even think anymore about XMS. I hope it won't be this way because I'm not a fan of the mentioned application above and would love to keep using XMS - but why all the efforts if I don't have more than a beta-version (which also could be called alpha-version...) by myself?

The actual XMS not only doesn't works reliable, it also misses many basic features. How should we make XMS more famous if we can't even invite new users with an integrated function? An option to add users isn't there neither (except if they already have XMS and are stored in my Contacts or Facebook).

Again I can understand that the number of MeeGo users is rather small, but they should still have a respectable big value for you. What we want is finally something like a final version - nobody cares if updates won't come as fast as on other platforms.

I hope my posts won't be just empty words. Again thank you for communicating with the community and allowing us N9 owners to use your application.

Last edited by almamo; 2012-03-21 at 14:32.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post: