Active Topics

my nokia n900 it just slipped away from my hand today,now there is a black line in middle screen n grey part at left bottom n screen has become dimmer,pls help me what to do,is the lcd broken or,how much would it cost me in india :

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
try
1/ reboot
2/ shutdown, rmove the battery for 5min, put it back, bootup

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
screen replacement may cost 5500 - 6000 rs. in Nokia care center!

i would recommend to sell it in scrap and buy a second-hand(since new is not coming) from any mobile market

to backup your data u can use winscp(open ssh) or use usb and connect tvout in o\your telivision pin to see your screen!
Good luck!

hope this helps!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

oh **** 6000 rs someone said me it is 2000 rs ill go to nokia care n ask **** from 1.5 year i never ever let a scratch on n900 n today it just felt n **** gone ,sell my nokia n900 will anyone buy broken lcd n900 n ebay is selling lcd screen for 3000 rs but if i buy form ebay how will i fix it in n900

It could be a loose connector, if you have access to a small screwdriver set then you could open up the phone and check the connections between the phone and screen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVEHm325-z8

ill go to nokia care tommorow lets see hope for the best what they tell me

And get one of these for gawds sake Nokia Mobile Neck Lanyard. I had one keeping my N95-8GB safe and it's now doing the same job for my N900.

i went to nokia care they said 3300 for new screen but i went to a mobile repair shop n he said 2600 rs for the screen .should i go for 2600 as he said he has orignl screen n will reapir in front of me

hey if ur willing to sell ur phone for 5 thousand then am up for it. without repair. drop in a post if u want to sell it or give ur phone no. or can send a mail to beastpunit@gmail.com.