Notices

Poll: What MMORPG game would u like to have ?
Poll Options
What MMORPG game would u like to have ?

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
Maybe you can use qtwrt for making this game native?
"web apps installed for QtWRT" sounds nice , can you give more explanations for what is that ?

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by teamer View Post
"web apps installed for QtWRT" sounds nice , can you give more explanations for what is that ?
It's something similar to what's in webos: you can create normal apps with html/css/js
You should ask TransTech for more details, he made some qtwrt web apps.
More info:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84023
http://xizhizhu.blogspot.com/2010/08...ello-view.html
http://www.maemonokian900.com/maemo-...ed-with-qtwrt/
Here some meego docs:
http://wiki.meego.com/SDK/Docs/1.1/Web_SDK_with_WRT

In the last link's the SDK, in which there's the Simulator I was trying out to test whether Mojo apps would run cleanly.

PS. If you (or someone else) would like to help me & TransTech in making WebOS mojo apps run on Maemo, just PM/mail me <marmistrz@linux.pl>

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I am a web developer , if i could do this game for maemo as an app i would have done that , but for now , i'll stick to the browser version which is resized for the N900 screen . because even now , i've been looking for someone to make some designs for the game and no one did anything , what would have happened if i asked some maemo developer to build an app for the engine ?
maybe when the browser based game is done , some motivation for a developer will be given then ?
Maybe. I have to admit, that I'm not even casual gamer. I'm a developer to. Doing software is my favorite game.
So a game must be very interesting, kinda good looking (this could be anything from pixelart to highly realistic) and short-lived. iDon't play games for a long time. After a few days I start looking for something new. And browser based games tend to be all nearly the same. At least for me.

Originally Posted by XenGi View Post
Maybe. I have to admit, that I'm not even casual gamer. I'm a developer to. Doing software is my favorite game.
So a game must be very interesting, kinda good looking (this could be anything from pixelart to highly realistic) and short-lived. iDon't play games for a long time. After a few days I start looking for something new. And browser based games tend to be all nearly the same. At least for me.
Nice words well , let me admit , same here , i am enjoying building this game and trying my best to make it not boring as usual browser based games i've played so far , they all go linear , do this and this and this daily to get extra points , then wait till tomorrow ... NO am doing doing this , am trying my best to create a game you can play anytime , and everytime you will find new stuff , new things to build or assemble , trading (multiple ways) , technology , missions , NPCs , player created missions (you can create missions for others as well) alliances and wars , there are five zones in the game , each zone will have it's unique things to do , unique things to find , you will be able to build stuff with your group/alliance to help in war/trading/resource mining , there will be strategic talks going aroiund to occupy some sectors , fights will be held . news site for the game and big alliances will be published , am trying to build a virtual world that wont take much of your time , but is a place worths visiting for those who likes to think and create strategies , this ain't a game for those who will look at graphical stuff and those players that just keep clicking buttons to get to the next level , in this game you will not have a level , you will have your own financial strength , or weapon strength , or technology strength which may go up and down depending on how smart you and your actions are , so you will need friends in this game , to cimmunicate off-game and build strategies and plans to achive some mutual goal , either by attacking other players , defending your areas and resources , being smart in market and stock market which will have it's own news page ... and much more ..
this ain't gonna be a usual game , this i promise ! and this idea alone is motivating me into finishing it , rather than the nice lines of codes that have to be thought through for performance and stuff

i hope this will give you a better idea , as a programmer who hates silly one-way games !

The Following User Says Thank You to teamer For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
That sounds like my all time favorite game eve online. So if you get this working I will play it.

Maybe ou can give me one of these test accounts? And if I have some freetime maybe I can help. That sounds interesting building some NPCs and stuff.

Originally Posted by XenGi View Post
That sounds like my all time favorite game eve online. So if you get this working I will play it.

Maybe ou can give me one of these test accounts? And if I have some freetime maybe I can help. That sounds interesting building some NPCs and stuff.
Yes sure, just register , it will say registration limited for testers only , dont pay attention , after you register PM me the email you registered with so i can activate it

New updates ...
Fixed some bug regarding buildings upgrading , added timers to show how much time left for a building to finish upgrading , lowered the javascript load and memory consumption added some other images for mines (but still need good ones )

Enjoy and report any problems so i can move to finishing next things (The space observatory which open the map that you will find other players on )

small preview :

Last edited by teamer; 2012-06-03 at 18:18.

small preview :
after me... this small pictures with big text...well
i think you should use only icons and pop up text.

Needs to be browser based as I got myself a galaxy now and don't want to be left out lol. Game is looking good, only checked it last week and there was nothing new, a few days later and bam loss of updates!

Regarding the pop up text I'm sure this was suggested earlier in the thread but won't really work on a phone...

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Needs to be browser based as I got myself a galaxy now and don't want to be left out lol. Game is looking good, only checked it last week and there was nothing new, a few days later and bam loss of updates!

Regarding the pop up text I'm sure this was suggested earlier in the thread but won't really work on a phone...
New updates are coming soon this update will require alot of players online together