Active Topics

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Phonelink works for me no problemo !
If you want some help we might go back to a phonelink specific thread ?
Fred

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ France
I have install gnapplet on my n70 and set in .gnokiirc:
model = nseries6

and after launch gnapplet on the phone, this seems to be better but phone or send sms don't work yet, but I think this is because I havn't find gnokiid yet...

fredol what were the steps you took to get it working? and have you tried cellphone tool as this seems more useful given a choice between the two apps. if it is possible to get things working then noobs like myself need a guide!

also does it make any difference what country you're in? my cellphone is unbranded but im in the uk on t-mobile

Hi leoni,
I just installed it (and wrote it beforehand) you can grab a version from your AppManager (from extras repository)
The only problem then is to find the right driver for your phone ...
Give me your phone model and I'll try and give you the right driver (from www.gnokii.org)

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
EDITED: it was totally a wrong post, I was going to write in gmail but ended up here!! Unbelievable

Anyway.. gnokii works for me too, but it "works" here is very subjective and related to the cellphone.
On my SE v640i can only send SMS and access the phonebook (and maybe few other things)

hi, thanks for your reply. My phone is an unbranded nokia n95. Can you run me through the steps i need to take? Thank you once again for your help.

If I'm not mistaken the N95 is a S60 Serie phone
You have to go through the steps described here : http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Series60Config

So the correct steps are :
1/ install phonelink (will install libgnokii and create a .gnokiirc file)
1.5/ install emelFM and leafpad
2/ edit your gnokiirc file (I would recommand emelFM as a file manager that would allow you to see the hidden .gnokiirc file and then open it with leafpad : double click => open => leafpad)

Tell me and others if it works ...

Last edited by fredoll; 2008-01-15 at 12:37.

As far as I know, gnokii and phonelink use the BT serial profile over rfcomm. Whether it works depends on whether the BT stack on the N8x0 supports your phone. I experienced problems with my Series 60 phone (Nokia E60). For example, BT DUN works for me with the latest Nokia Communications update. However I am still not able to browse the phones files using the BT FTP profile.

You can find emelFM2 here http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...84&postcount=1
and it looks like it can do the editing too !

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by yegaoo View Post
- Answer your cellphone calls through your N8x0 (as a handsfree tool)
For this I have doubt it'll ever work.
I've found out this page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/audio.html, about bluetooth audio profiles and, in Section "4. Emulating a headphone" it specifically states:

To proceed further with the headphone emulation there must be a listening L2CAP service on PSM 25. At the moment there exists no program for doing this.