Active Topics

I've been spending many hours trying to use my Blackberry's Internet access on my N810 and haven't gotten anywhere. I've even talked to ATT, total time with them was 4.5 hours and we couldn't make it work.

o Blackberry firmware is 4.2.1.96

o Running latest OS2008 on my n810

o A screen inside the blackberry says it does support the dialup networking bluetooth profile

o The blackberry and n810 pair with no problems

o The n810 tries to connect but fails every time, except twice. first time it worked i manage to pass enough traffic to display the title of a web page. never got any traffic past that. second time, it connected successfully, but didn't pass any traffic

o I've confirmed with ATT that I do have the tethering option on my blackberry plan

o These are the different settings I've tried:

Access point name: tried both wap.cingular and isp.cingular (att told me this should be blank as the APN is set via modem init string, but they also said to try isp.cingular)

Dial-up number: *99# (the one att said) and also *99***1#

username: att said leave this blank, but i've tried WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM and ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM with matching access point name

password: CINGULAR1 (att said leave this blank too)

init strings: +CGDCONT=1,"IP","isp.cingular" and also wap.cingular. they also had me try "+CFUN=1;+CGDCONT=1,"IP","isp.cingular". They also had me try "proxy" in place of isp.cingular.

None of this has worked.

Has anyone gotten their n810 to use a ATT Blackberry 8700c successfully?

Surely someone has tried this before?

Running into the same issue. Have no issues pairing a MOT Q on VZW, but no luck pairing an N800/OS2008 to an 8700c ATT BB. Looking at BT device properties on N800, there are no profiles(DUN/FTP/Etc). BB does have a tether plan and I can pair it to my laptop.

I have someone looking into this exact issue in our IT Department and will pass along what I learn. I fear the answer is "no" it just wont work with this phone/service.

Thanks so much!!

My N810 arrived this afternoon... and I found this thread after experiencing the same problem with my Blackberry 8700. One issue I discovered: in my Service Book on the Blackberry it appears that Cingular WAP Secure Transport has been disabled, most likely for security reasons. But that could explain the problem maybe?

I was unable to get by BB on verizon to work at all. I gave up today and added a web plan to my krazer, it works perfectly. I am hoping the BB problem gets fixed soon and I can drop this extra plan. For now its just great to be able to use it everywhwere.

Yeah, I was so frustrated with my Blackberry Curve 8310 that I gave up and got a Samsung SGH-D807 (I have Cingular/AT&T). The samsung tethered right away. I wasted so much time with the damn blackberry. The really lame thing is that both my BB and Samsung are on Cingular/AT&T, but the BB has problems.

I wrote up more info here:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...?t=7661&page=2

donnlee

Donlee,

We are in same boat. Both mine were verizon. I spent countless hrs trying to make BB work, but it just would not no matter what I did. I had a Krzr sitting around, I walked into Verizon and asked them to put internet and tethering on it for me to try. All I did was change my phone setting. I did not change my previous Verizon connection. It worked perfectly the first time and has worked the past couple of days without a problem. I think I appreciate it more now after all the work. I hope BB fixes the problem

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Georgia, USA
I'm also having a major problem with this. I've got an 8700c (AT&T/Cingular). It pairs, but won't tether. I also have the tethering plan on my BB and it works fine with my laptop.
I finally went and got a samsung and it works without any problems.

Apparently, someone got it to work - but it seems hit or miss:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ckberry+tether