Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
It seems that this has been reported as bug 11679 and the response was that the next version of Gpodder was going to include a player. Has that been done, and is it available on the N900?
Yes, gPodder 3 does include a player. As for the N900 status, see this blog post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Thanks. That's a bit over my head for the moment, but I'll read carefully and see if I can get it working. Having a player directly in Gpodder seems like the ideal solution.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
I have a similar question as Temporal. I've been playing around with Gpodder for a couple of weeks on my N900, but haven't been able to give up my N800 with Canola because I can't figure out an efficient way to play the podcasts using Gpodder and the Media Player.

I tend to like to listen to news podcasts on my morning ride to work, and non-news items on the way home. With Canola I'll open up the feed for BBC or The Economist as I'm leaving for work and pick a few podcasts that sound interesting and then start the first one while it is still downloading, the rest will finish downloading before I'm out of range of WiFi and will continue playing back to back. I usually have enough downloaded for an hour ride to work.

Now I'm probably a big idiot, but I haven't been able to figure out a way to do anything at all similar with either Media Player or OMP. Will Panucci allow me to play podcasts by feed? If I use Panucci just for podcasts is there a way to get my podcasts out of media player so that podcasts and music are not intermingled?
As for the GPodder continuous play, I did the following:

1)I already had EasyDebian installed, so all I did was install VLC on it, otherwise, try EasyDebian and then install VLC for it. The Maemo version just plain doesn't work (at least for the purpose of making lists);
2)Install KMplayer;
3)Subscribe and download all your podcasts to some folder;.
4)Open VLC for EasyDebian, navigate to that folder and open it all. Stop playback right after.
5)On VLC, ask for it to make a list (m3u, m3u8, doesn't matter) and save (maybe the same folder as the podcasts).
6)Open on KMplayer and be happy!

The steps 2 and 6 might be changed with OpenMediaPlayer, but it just isn't working for me (OMP just won't work on my machine, in fact it killed the normal media player alongside with it).

KMplayer won't work with your BT, but it was the best I could do up to this moment.

I do as you do (I'm subscribed to news like newsy and TYT, but I'm also subscribed to things like RayWilliamJhonson and CatClips and Moki, Laika, Gardea23) but for that to work I have to ask for vlc to make the list of the specific folder(s) I want.

I hope I could help.

BUT: BUG
From some days now, (doesn't matter if I downgrade or get the lattest GPodder) whenever I try to look for an specific YouTube User, I get all the name except for the last char, IE:
Search YouTube Users:
TrustingDoubt
Results:
TrustingDoub
. And even if I try to subscribe to the channel manually ( https[:]//gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/TrustingDoubt/uploads ) it won't work either.

And it is not the prtoblem just with this channel, ROCKETBOOM also comes back as ROCKETBOO.

All the channels I had already subscribed to are ok.

What can I do? Thanks.

Last edited by Temporal; 2012-06-16 at 23:02.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
BUT: BUG
From some days now, (doesn't matter if I downgrade or get the lattest GPodder) whenever I try to look for an specific YouTube User, I get all the name except for the last char, IE:
Search YouTube Users:
TrustingDoubt
Results:
TrustingDoub
. And even if I try to subscribe to the channel manually ( https[:]//gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/TrustingDoubt/uploads ) it won't work either.

And it is not the prtoblem just with this channel, ROCKETBOOM also comes back as ROCKETBOO.

All the channels I had already subscribed to are ok.

What can I do? Thanks.
Hi, yeah I noticed this recently and have reported this as a bug (https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12628). I suspect there's been a code change at youtube's end.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
the update to fix youtube has broken again..

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by marbleuser View Post
the update to fix youtube has broken again..
Known problem, fix is in Git already.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Known problem, fix is in Git already.
is there going to be a new release in the repos or do i have to grab youtube.py from git?

For anyone running gpodder on N900, heres a working patched youtube.py for gpodder 2.20.2-1:

http://jabawok.net/uploads/20121203-...fix/youtube.py

just download that (wget works well) and copy it to /opt/maemo/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/ as root, overwriting the existing youtube.py, something like this:
Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://jabawok.net/uploads/20121203-maemo5-gpodder-youtube-fix/youtube.py
sudo gainroot
cp /tmp/youtube.py /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gpodder/
mind the linewrap.

heres the patch i applied to get youtube.py to this point:
https://github.com/gpodder/gpodder/c...3aef30cb73e104

Many thanks to Thomas Perl for your continued support on such an old, but still very worthwhile platform. We're hoping there'll be another point release for maemo5 soon!

Last edited by jabawok; 2012-12-03 at 06:15. Reason: added github link

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jabawok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by jabawok View Post
For anyone running gpodder on N900, heres a working patched youtube.py for gpodder 2.20.2-1:

http://jabawok.net/uploads/20121203-...fix/youtube.py
Thanks for the fix! It works!

Originally Posted by jabawok View Post
Many thanks to Thomas Perl for your continued support on such an old, but still very worthwhile platform. We're hoping there'll be another point release for maemo5 soon!
I second that! Many thanks to Thomas Perl. Here's hoping for continued Maemo support!

Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Thanks for the fix! It works!

I second that! Many thanks to Thomas Perl. Here's hoping for continued Maemo support!
Hi,

And about N9 version, is a bugfix exists ?

Thanks a lot

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing