Notices

Wow, looking forward to it! I was actually just trying to get pyOBD working on the N900 earlier today but the connection kept on timing out after I finally got all pieces together.

how do you interface with the OBD port? a bluetooth dongle?

Yes, I believe that most people using mobile phones to interface with the OBD-II system use Bluetooth dongle's. You can find some fairly inexpensive ones these days online. I picked one up recently from eBay for around $15 USD.

i am using this..it is fairly cheep...you can get it from ebay for example.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Macedonia
Just lining up to test this, since my previous efforts with Carman have failed (random connects / disconnects to the BT dongle). Car is Honda Jazz.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
My car is OBD II but was built just before it was complianced, so it uses Mitsubishi's version of it (TS Magna 6G72). There's only one product available outside a Mitsubishi MUT-2 that can work with my car, but it's $200AUD. So many sad faces.

Edit: but this is awesome, another brilliant, REAL WORLD USEFUL app. Out of interest, how will the ability to read additional cars be added to the app?

Last edited by 5spdvl; 2011-06-29 at 10:25.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Solingen; Germany
Originally Posted by raedbenz View Post
i am using this..it is fairly cheep...you can get it from ebay for example.
got the same.. maybe I'm blind but I can't find any intructions for installing your app..

I also planned writing such a application using python with a advanced API, a daemon which would collect data in the background while driving and a user interface with a "ui-factory" (that how dev's call it) which would choose the right layout for the end-user device..

The Following User Says Thank You to thopiekar For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
honda city ..cant wait ..

Nice.. Wanna try on my cheapo Deal Extreme ELM BT adapter too

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Wow, this is amazing. Looking forward to this mate

Fiesta mk5 zetec-s