Active Topics

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
It seems that you're following some other conversation than the one we're having. You see, he (szopin of yesterday's conversation) was making the point that the N900 (a non-Android device) is getting a NEWER version of Android than most actual Android devices. To whit, I replied pointing out that the N900 Android experience is surely a newer one, but severely crippled and slower than even the slightly older versions of Android running on Android devices.
Yes, but that was in relation to argument (by tech daily blogspam you posted several times btw, main argument for nokia bashing in fact) that no apollo update is bad for Nokia. Whether NITdroid is crippled doesn't change a thing when 90% of android devices do not have ICS, and will most likely get it when Jxx will be the next big thing.

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Yes, but that was in relation to argument (by tech daily blogspam you posted several times btw, main argument for nokia bashing in fact) that no apollo update is bad for Nokia. Whether NITdroid is crippled doesn't change a thing when 90% of android devices do not have ICS, and will most likely get it when Jxx will be the next big thing.
maybe this is sort of picking on technical details?
i mean, as a technically reasonably knowledgeable person, i follow your discussion & appreciate the arguments of each side, but...

do the masses care?
to give an extreme example; last year, in some markets, there were still more WM devices sold then WP ones, several months (a year?) after later had officially replaced former.

on the other hand, a device with the latest features, the latest version & a fresh look usually sells well.
hell, even the N9 got noticeable sale numbers
possibly still more then any single Lumia with similar look & feel

markets are quite difficult to anticipate
see my signature... ppl may have objective information but still not take the logical decision which they should (according to the available information).

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
It just makes sense, I think. But you're welcome!
It does, but apparently not to everyone...

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
maybe this is sort of picking on technical details?
i mean, as a technically reasonably knowledgeable person, i follow your discussion & appreciate the arguments of each side, but...

do the masses care?
to give an extreme example; last year, in some markets, there were still more WM devices sold then WP ones, several months (a year?) after later had officially replaced former.

on the other hand, a device with the latest features, the latest version & a fresh look usually sells well.
hell, even the N9 got noticeable sale numbers
possibly still more then any single Lumia with similar look & feel

markets are quite difficult to anticipate
see my signature... ppl may have objective information but still not take the logical decision which they should (according to the available information).
Totally agree (but daperl said I'm insane, so here is a grain of salt ->.<-, take it, you will most likely need it, works for coke and E)
Difficulty in anticipation is the reason behind Apple's stock downer, add to that: no other than Samsung Androir provider having sales on plus... android would have saved Nokia. Sorry, someone else shnould take their meds

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

were communicators & the like really aimed at (junkie) kids?

but true, except when forced down their throats by idiotic IT dptms, hardly any serious user would go m$ >¦-)

no other than Samsung Androir provider having sales on plus... android would have saved Nokia. Sorry, someone else shnould take their meds
this is such a myth. For one, HTC do too.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Totally agree (but daperl said I'm insane, so here is a grain of salt ->.<-, take it, you will most likely need it, works for coke and E)
Difficulty in anticipation is the reason behind Apple's stock downer, add to that: no other than Samsung Androir provider having sales on plus... android would have saved Nokia. Sorry, someone else shnould take their meds
this is such a myth. For one, HTC do too.
By replying to his message, I suppose you're implying that you understood what he was saying? I have to confess that this writing is increasingly more difficult to understand.

Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

By replying to his message, I suppose you're implying that you understood what he was saying? I have to confess that this writing is increasingly more difficult to understand.
4S being 'unrevolutionary' -> anticipation of iPhone5 -> stocks go down

On other android producers
HTC: http://www.slashgear.com/htc-reveals...lump-06221826/
From here http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...tphones-battle
Code:
In a bruising year, Samsung has emerged as the only one of the larger manufacturers to expand its smartphone business

4S being 'unrevolutionary' -> anticipation of iPhone5 -> stocks go down

On other android producers
HTC: http://www.slashgear.com/htc-reveals...lump-06221826/
From here http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...tphones-battle
Code:
In a bruising year, Samsung has emerged as the only one of the larger manufacturers to expand its smartphone business
Yes,their sales are down and so is their revenue. Here is the important bit, in comparison to 2011. They still made a profit which is not something you can say for Nokia who made a huge loss. The other thing you are doing wrong is attributing that to Android. How exactly do you come to that conclusion seeing as everybody is making androids (except Nokia), some turning a huge profit, some not. And the one not making androids is showing the worst results.

Tags
blame others, deluded fanboys, kidsbeingkids, lumiadork, ms will die, salesdroids, the elop flop, wp blows