Notices

It was fixed (for locales other than english-us), wasnt a problem for english-us users.

I just changed locale and installed bora version (on os2008) and it works fine.

If your problem is that you see an error about not being able to -create- a trash dir, you can ignore it or run emelfm2 as root in xterm so it can create that dir. My configuration replaces trash icon with delete icon so trash is not used at all, but it will still probably look for the directory. So if everything else works you can ignore any red trash error/warnings in output window.

When you press + and - buttons do any dialogs appear? (they shouldn't) And does the vertical button bar look like my screenshot? If so you are configured fine.

If not, perhaps close all programs, uninstall and reinstall?

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-03-30 at 17:31.

Thanks. Root trick fixed problem.

No +- doesn't call any dialogs. Vertical bar looks identical.

One problem - home button call task menu but also find dialog, how to get rid of that dialog?

Yes, your right about the home key... that works like that for everyone (for now). Never really noticed it much, but it is like that because i was using that as the button i would never need, to clear out old mappings by reassigning them to this.

A better way (which i will do whenever i get enough to make a new build) is to edit (preferably in an ssh where you can search/replace) the :
/home/user/.config/emelfm2/config-en_US file and around the upper middle of that file in the keybindings section replace all occurrences of bindings to F5 key to something like F9 (which maemo doesnt have button for).

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I finally got that quetoo game working and it looks sweet!! , better than some of my psp games! (action and adventure wise not graphical wise, but sound is pritty good )
but i had to make some sacrafices:
I had to delete streamtuner, some of my mono add ons, videocenter, and,some minor applets that i had..

Speaking or witch, is there a menu on the game ware i can get to the settings, save a game or ware i can select a level of difficulty? or do i need to add a pak file to do this.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Tehran-Iran
very nice app

i can edit files without x-term

simple and easy

But Thinking About A 64 GB !!!!

Os 2008 Chinook,I Have't Trust To Diablo!??

i want to copy a file but where is the Paste button???????

um its instant... to the other pane... so have both panes open when u do

Originally Posted by pipeline View Post
um its instant... to the other pane... so have both panes open when u do
are u with me??? i click on copy button and where is paste???

hah : yea i understand you but think of copy being instant file copy... either from left pane to right pane or right pane to left.... as soon as you hit copy the file is already copied (or attempted)

so you cant use copy just in single pane mode... copy (and move too) require using both panes.. the active pane is the 'from'.. the other pane is the 'to'.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
I have updated the OS2008 version (will build 2007 version tomorrow).

This is actual new version/features and upgraded to authors new 0.4 release.

Aside from authors bugfixes and optimizations this is my changelog :
- Fixed Fullscreen hardware button mapping. Pressing fullscreen button in main window, file viewer or file editor now works as expected. The old icon returns to maximizing output pane.
- Cleared out home key bindings to not interfere with maemo home functionality.
- Added crypto plugin back to configuration, its in context menu/plugins
- Added support for file (a file type information guesser)
- Added associations for mono, gnumeric, and pygtkeditor (source code)

OS2008 download links in first post or repo. OS2007 tomorrow.

If you wanted to use the file utility, i've got a build up here (although i see others have built this, this link is based off latest source). Using new context menu user command you can inspect a file to see things like movie encodings (codecs/bitrates), image formats, file formats, etc.

Last edited by pipeline; 2008-04-06 at 05:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post: