Notices

Did you try lswm to find the wiimote bluetooth address, then set the environment variable, then run wminput again?

The IR camera isn't accessable in the way you think unfortunately; it's coupled with a microprocessor that effectively tracks blobs of data. wmgui shows a small label in which you can see the blob tracking going on.

I tried running lswm, but it didn't seem to bring back anything. But I know the ID of my Wiimote, so I just copied what the environment variable setting and entered the ID in where it said to.

That's really unfortunate with the camera part though, I thought the IR blob tracking was just something that was being processed on the Wii itself. Too bad!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ The Peg
If I want to get rid of this completely including the entry's in the extras menu, what do I do? I gave up with getting this to work and the menu entry's are really annoying.

mateusz - simply delete the list of files in the tarball. Run ldconfig afterwards. That should do it.

Incidentally I had no idea anyone was having trouble getting this working! I'm working on another wiimote app anyways, but this one should be stable and good to go.

The Following User Says Thank You to yabbas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
Incidentally I had no idea anyone was having trouble getting this working! I'm working on another wiimote app anyways, but this one should be stable and good to go.
w00t, sick man!

Now we got 3

any way to copy the mii code off my wiimote? i've got it hooked up, the 4-way pad scrolls in browser. woohoo...

Haven't touched this for ages, and CWiid hasn't really been updated in months.

Will restart development shizzle soon though.

(Oh and the answer's yes )

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Hopefully it will be simple to get this going on the N900 too.

Although I am reluctant too until its just a plug and play solution. I can't imagine being bothered to spend time fiddling with commands just to use a joypad. Still, its great to see that its doable.

Definitely doable for the N900 - though I've switched away from Maemo development now in favour of Android.

The whole "setup" just seems overly convoluted imho and I've lost patience trying to create my own package installers.