Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
I'm now in this boat too. I'm not a heavy contacts/calendar user (I really need to start being a heavy calendar user, lol) so constant syncing probably isn't a big deal for me. Hopefully I can at least just import a vCard with multiple contacts so I can just bring all my contacts at once, and "sync" back to my address book the same way. Hope the N900 is smart with duplicate contacts.

I wonder if there is a chance of being able to sync contacts/calendar via mobileme?

Unfortunately MfE is horribly broken where if you merge a skype and a regular contact you break it. On top of that some other fields like birthdays sync with the wrong dates being put into your phone and some fields just don't sync at all. I would just like my syncml support back...And I used the device on my bootcamp partition and the sync to windows contacts is just plain beautiful. It would be nice to just get the isync plugin, or syncml support, or ovi mac software. We seriously have nothing but what I have found to be a stressful, annoying, and contact breaking google sync.

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
You don't need to purchase software to sync Google Calendar with iCal:

http://www.google.com/support/calend...wer=99358#ical

And MFE works great, but keep in mind, you'll only be able to sync one calendar with you N900 with MFE.

Tim

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Any development here?

so far none. before this device came out I always thought that this uses MfE and I can configure mac with google calendar and ical and use sync to sync with google contacts that way everything will be synced in cloud, but when this device came out and I used and tried to do it that way, kabam!!!! nope it did not work. apparently N900 and google do not want to sync through MfE.
Now only hope either nokia releasing an isync file for N900 or straighten up the MfE and google sync.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
you can download the iSync plugin from here:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=3160
You'll also need to download Bluetooth DUN on your Nokia N900 in order to be able to add the device to iSync.
It works well for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dinho For This Useful Post:
Dinho, does it _really_ work?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
It does. But I found that when I made changes in AB on my MacBook, the changes get synced perfectly. But if I change something in the Contacts app on N900, and then sync with AB, the address entry in AB gets messed up. AB creates a new entry for the address and puts street, city, state and zip code all together in the street field.
For the time being I only make changes in AB, but not on N900. Hopefully it gets fixed soon or Nokia releases the official iSync plugin.

I can't add the device to my iSynch..

Sorry, this is the link to the plugin that I'm using: http://www.smithfamily.org.uk/~dgs/N900iSync/
You might want to try this. It requires Bluetooth DUN installed on N900.

Yeah i've got the DUN installed on my n900. I dont have to 'start' it in any way do I ?