Notices

You can download routing data but unfortunately no maps.
http://wiki.maemo.org/ModRana_offline_routing_guide

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Oh, I assumed that wiki applied only to Maemo installations. Thanks for your reply, t-b.

Indeed, I have a ~/.local/share/harbour-modrana/routing_data/monav_data directory that is empty on my Jolla, so will try to copy the files there. However, the program itself does not seem to have a setting in options->Navigation->Routing to select the routing provider..

Any suggestions?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by meow View Post
Oh, I assumed that wiki applied only to Maemo installations. Thanks for your reply, t-b.

Indeed, I have a ~/.local/share/harbour-modrana/routing_data/monav_data directory that is empty on my Jolla, so will try to copy the files there. However, the program itself does not seem to have a setting in options->Navigation->Routing to select the routing provider..

Any suggestions?
The currently available modRana version Sailfish OS does not yet support offline routing, but I already have it more or less working in the modRana development branch and it should be available in the next release (together with overall offline routing improvements).

I can also let you know once I have some pre-release packages, so you can try it out as soon as possible (and report back any issues ;-) ).

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
The currently available modRana version Sailfish OS does not yet support offline routing, but I already have it more or less working in the modRana development branch and it should be available in the next release (together with overall offline routing improvements).

I can also let you know once I have some pre-release packages, so you can try it out as soon as possible (and report back any issues ;-) ).
Oh, that would be lovely, thanks MartinK! Will send you my e-mail via a private message.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meow View Post
Oh, that would be lovely, thanks MartinK! Will send you my e-mail via a private message.
Thanks, will make sure to let you know once I have a testable package!

The Following User Says Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Hi,
I'm just trying modRana on my Jolla. I'd like to use it next week when I'm going to France to see some bicycle tours that I downloaded as .gpx-files. Is it possible to open gpx-files with modRana or is it only possible to record them? I can't find any option to open gpx-files...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SKD View Post
Hi,
I'm just trying modRana on my Jolla. I'd like to use it next week when I'm going to France to see some bicycle tours that I downloaded as .gpx-files. Is it possible to open gpx-files with modRana or is it only possible to record them? I can't find any option to open gpx-files...
At the moment modRana can unfortunately only record GPX tracklogs, not display them. GPX tracklog display is certainly planned, just not implemented in the Qt 5 GUI used on Sailfish OS.

<technobabble>
ModRana actually has support for parsing GPX files and can show them on the map in the GTK GUI used on other platforms.

The Qt 5 GUI needs:
  • UI for selecting which tracklogs should be shown
  • some Python & QML code to show the GPX tracks on the Canvas that is already used to draw routes
  • possibly some optimizations if long GPX tracks should be shown so that they are not drawn all at once and only the visible part is drawn and the point count is reduced when the map is zoomed out and the whole track is visible
Once these are done it will be possible to show GPX tracklogs in modRana on Sailfish OS.
</technobabble>

In the meantime I've tried searching which native Sailfish OS apps can display GPX data and it looks like Maep Qt can do it.

Last edited by MartinK; 2016-05-13 at 14:12.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post

In the meantime I've tried searching which native Sailfish OS apps can display GPX data and it looks like Maep Qt can do it.

Halftrail can also load and display GPX data.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pagis For This Useful Post:
thanks for the answer. With the newest version of maep-qt its working very well

Edit: Anyway, I like the look of modRana and would like to use it for navigation in future. Unfortunately I don't really understand how to use it for navigation yet. I looked into this howto: http://modrana.org/trac/wiki/TurnByTurnNavigationEN
But the gui looks different in the recent version. I manage to put a green target point on the map but I don't know how to start the navigation itself.
Also: When I click in the menu at POI nothing happens at all and in the options menu at POI there's an empty page. Are these features not supported yet?

Another Edit:
If I'm using both modRana and Maep-qt on my Jolla which both store map tiles, would it be possible to use the same directory for both apps so I don't have to download and save all the maps twice?

Last edited by SKD; 2016-05-15 at 16:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SKD For This Useful Post:
Has anyone noticed that OpenStreetMap 'Hike and Bike' isn't working?

I noticed that it's now called 'Hike and Bike 2' - could be as simple as a URL change?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hike_%26_Bike_Map

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, martin_rocks, modrana, navigation, openstreetmap, the best, wehasgps