... what the hell is this thread about?

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
... what the hell is this thread about?
Just like most of the other Jolla threads around; much ado about nothing...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I do not know what it is about. What I know, is Microsoft will own 10% of the left over ½-Nokia (NSN, Here, patents), and Nokia will own patents, and Nokia will continue license those patents to Jolla. If ½-Nokia won't survive, in time Microsoft will own also that ½-Nokia and I wonder what will then happen to Jolla and to the licenses it now has from Nokia.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Stop this nonsense.

...or the gun will fire.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Maemo dead... 1 bullet
Meego dead... 1 bullet
Nokia dead... 4 bullets
Ubuntu edge dead... 1 Bullet
Tizen half dead half alive...
Jolla walking dead...

All bullets are already used... I just called your hand... Cat is safe.

The news feed from the small five are really dry so people here speculate like its no tomorrow. I've even seen people QUOTE and answer their own speculations

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-09-25 at 16:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09...evices_whynot/

What the new communication device will be? With Sailfish os..?
why the HECK would you think it would run sailfishos!? even if not smartphone Nokia may choose to use windowsRT or similar crap.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
why the HECK would you think it would run sailfishos!? even if not smartphone Nokia may choose to use windowsRT or similar crap.
Now why would you even think something like that? Windos-based OS'es are so inflexible there's no profit in using them on any embedded devices. The whole WP thing was done for political reasons, not technological.

Now when NMP is leaving Nokia, there will be no MS based OS'es in any Nokia products, instead there are at least 4 other major platforms that I know of; one is totally own-grown, two are loosely based on BSD implementations and one is a linux distribution.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Just like most of the other Jolla threads with Troll999 around; much ado about nothing...
there, I fixed it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Now why would you even think something like that? Windos-based OS'es are so inflexible there's no profit in using them on any embedded devices. The whole WP thing was done for political reasons, not technological.

Now when NMP is leaving Nokia, there will be no MS based OS'es in any Nokia products, instead there are at least 4 other major platforms that I know of; one is totally own-grown, two are loosely based on BSD implementations and one is a linux distribution.
I am sure they can get windows for free from Microsoft.

so now stop dream. no point for them use sailfishos.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I am sure they can get windows for free from Microsoft.
Why on earth would MS lisence windows for free to any OEM? AFAIK they lisenced WP for Nokia for a set price, even as there was a kind of cashback-deal where MS paid marketing support fees to Nokia for using it.

so now stop dream. no point for them use sailfishos.
True. SailfishOS is heavily customized for use in UE's, and is mainly UX. Nokia does not need anything like that currently.
What I was pointing out is that Nokia has several other OS'es in use (and has had for a long time, mark you), and now when the UE business is sold off to MS there are no ties left there.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia