Notices

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Just to add a bit of idea.. can we get an option to see a tree-view of the app menu that can show what's inside the folders to ease configuration\app placement (something like the Finder on OSX)?

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Okay so we need a developer, and I need to know what kind of visual elements this will need.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi,

QuickClip is a really nice and useful application but has an awful (imho) desktop logo which makes me want to uninstall it!! Maybe you could help?

NB: I'm just a user of this application. Brent Chiodo seems to be the author.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Some time ago I asked for some UI help here. Maybe you're interested

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi,

QuickClip is a really nice and useful application but has an awful (imho) desktop logo which makes me want to uninstall it!! Maybe you could help?

NB: I'm just a user of this application. Brent Chiodo seems to be the author.
Saturn, I can help out with this, I'll pm Brent Chiodo and see if he's interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Some time ago I asked for some UI help here. Maybe you're interested
Hey Conny, what exactly do you need me to work on here? I'm just stepping into the developer world here, so I can only really offer design in photoshop and send you PSDs or PNGs, or whatever format you need.

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Saturn, I can help out with this, I'll pm Brent Chiodo and see if he's interested.
If I could figure out how to PM here...

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Hey Conny, what exactly do you need me to work on here? I'm just stepping into the developer world here, so I can only really offer design in photoshop and send you PSDs or PNGs, or whatever format you need.
Hmm, yea... looks like was posting without reading Mockups could be helpful too, but I guess it would make more sense to actually change the code and see how it behaves. Dam, we really need better development tools which support better separation of code and UI

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
I'm still working on the Proteus project. (https://launchpad.net/proteus) This separates the functionality of the software from the UI and from the data format and even machine type. It will use a theme to specify a UI that will then apply to all your apps. The Nokia tablets are the primary platform for now.

I would love to have artistic people work on a UI theme. Unfortunately, I am also working full time now so progress is very slow and I can't do the UI until the c++ is further along. So if there are any c++ devs with a math bent who are looking for something to do that could really change things, think about this. As soon as I can create a UI theme I'll come back here for help on it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BruceL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
If I could figure out how to PM here...
The link that Saturn gave you (http://maemo.org/profile/view/brentdc/) was to a maemo.org profile (which is different from a talk.maemo.org profile!) so you can't PM him via the forum using that link. However, I notice his email address is public on that profile...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post: