After removing the .xml from my phone and the setting out of the registry, I can easly register by voice on my pc and login on my N900. Almost everything works fine and I look forward to an update for group-chatting.
Thanks peterbjornx!
btw is there a webpage where we can follow the versions of this java-app? and will the source be available any time so we can help developing or don't you want that?

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
After some testing and modifying with the land code phone number (this is the part that is causing can't login for the first time, I finally got it work, well aware this is a alpha stage, it is working fine with all the normal function.

Hopefully next upgrade can implement those icon and foreign language display inside

Keep up the good work and long live N900!

opened whatsapp. fill in the info. got the msg with the code. close whatsapp. opened whats app again. put the code. got the error. then i opened the prefs.xml file. removed whatever its written there and pasted this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE map SYSTEM "http://java.sun.com/dtd/preferences.dtd">
<map MAP_XML_VERSION="1.0">
<entry key="CC" value="31"/>
<entry key="CONTACTS" value="-"/>
<entry key="IMEI" value="356938035641084"/>
<entry key="LOGIN" value="88***********"/>
<entry key="PHONENR" value="***********"/>
<entry key="REGSTEP" value="-1"/>
</map>

then opened whatsapp again. i shud get the code verification page rather i got the whole number verifying page where its written login failed. unable to login. i tried to give my number again but again the problem. "too recent"

Ok well i just quickly checked few things i understand this is still work in progress but when i was not connected to internet i wasnt getting any messages through and after i connected to internet all i recieved instead of actuall messages little square shaped box for each message as a seperate line. It doesnt connect to internet when someone sent me a message which i think is the best bit about the real whatsapp even though you are not connected to internet you still get messages and it auto connects and even if you were offline internet wise as there was no network when you connect to network you still get those messages through unlike a normal IM this features are not available yet i hope they are gonna get implemented!

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
Hey,any1 please tell me how long it takes to get verification code...coz i entered details before 30mins and still not got reply and whenever i open whatsapp it directly asks for verification code...

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Originally Posted by nisheet View Post
Hey,any1 please tell me how long it takes to get verification code...coz i entered details before 30mins and still not got reply and whenever i open whatsapp it directly asks for verification code...
Within a few seconds for me...

15 seconds.. but I had to register by voice with my PC.. after that removed the prefs.xml from my N900 and then choose 'Login'...

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Ahmedabad,India
i have not got the code and whenever i open whatsapp it directly asks the verification code...so now what to do..i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it someone help?????

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Borneo
i have not got the code and whenever i open whatsapp it directly asks the verification code...so now what to do..i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it someone help?????
are you using SMS method? if you want to register again, go to xterminal and type

rm /home/user/.java/.userPrefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/storage/prefs.xml

I was successfully getting the code from voice method

Last edited by didik.wahyono; 2012-04-24 at 08:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to didik.wahyono For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by didik.wahyono View Post
are you using SMS method? if you want to register again, go to xterminal and type

rm /home/user/.java/.userPrefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/storage/prefs.xml

I was successfully getting the code from voice method
SMS also working fine, but I did this from PC.

Tags
whatscrapp!