Notices

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Pretty sure
Yeah, I know, I got that the first time. I was looking at it from a different angle.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Just made a point release and would like to ask all to update. In addition to the translations update, it reduces by 10 degrees the map tilt in navigation allowing me to avoid https://github.com/mapbox/mapbox-gl-native/issues/15163 . This is of importance, as I am preparing the update for Mapbox GL Native stack and testing it right now. As updated stack has that issue, it is easy to blow more than 20K tiles per day by a single user (did it myself). More about updated stack will be on due course.

The new version has new Mapbox GL API keys and the old ones will stop functioning soon. But that doesn't matter, as each of you is using personal keys anyway, right?

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Just made a point release and would like to ask all to update.
It works Didn't test much though besides osm scout/mapbox map rendering (a strange place called Patient End in England, odd name).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Moving to stage 2 of the update to the current Mapbox GL Native stack. I have removed old access token, so you should either make a personal token (was supposed to be done anyway) or update to the latest version of Pure Maps.

For those who would like to help, please test on your devices (3.3.0.y only), whether new Mapbox GL works for you.

For that, download and install, in this order: qmapboxgl and mapboxgl-qml.

Repo is http://repo.merproject.org/obs/home:...mv7hl/armv7hl/ . Notice "devel" in the name of repo. Do not add this repo to ssu sources, its unsafe.

As QML API has not changed, this should work with Pure Maps, Kuri, and Laufhelden.

What to test: zoom/unzoom, start/stop navigation, zoom/unzoom in tiled mode, move map around. Try to make it fast/slow.

What to observe: anything unusual. As disappearing controls over the map (but that should be fixed).

So far, UBPorts devices seemed to be fine. Librem 5 had a nasty GL stack crash, will be checked against newer kernel versions/mesa.

On Sailfish, for me, all works as it should.

Let me know how it went and report which devices got tested.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Let me know how it went and report which devices got tested.
On Xperia X, worked fine. Tested a little bit all that you mentioned, but didn't actually go out and navigate.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
On Xperia X, worked fine. Tested a little bit all that you mentioned, but didn't actually go out and navigate.
Thanks! You don't have to navigate, should be sufficient to calculate the route and then pan/zoom. Pause/Resume several times to see if map tilting animation is OK

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Thanks! You don't have to navigate, should be sufficient to calculate the route and then pan/zoom. Pause/Resume several times to see if map tilting animation is OK
Yup, did that a few times, I didn't see artifacts or anything strange.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Tested on the Xperia XA2 Plus, no problems, everything worked as expected.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
New Pure Maps is out: 1.28.0

Changelog: https://github.com/rinigus/pure-maps...ses/tag/1.28.0

As we have significant number of users on UBPorts, I have added description of the changes to the changelog. That will allow to have it centrally for all interested users.

This release, in addition to bugfixes, has larger parts of the code reorganized. While I was careful, expect some new bugs in the code. As usual, report and I will try to fix them quickly.

Last release requires updated Mapbox GL QML, already available at OpenRepos.

Sailfish specific: as new Mapbox GL QML is built against up-to-date Mapbox GL library which, in turn, is against SFOS 3.3, there is no support for older versions. With SFOS 3.3 we got updated compilers and it is way easier to build using them. So, if you are on older version, I would suggest to update SFOS. Contact and help your porter if your device does not have newer SFOS available. Note that from developer POV, it's significantly harder to support older SFOS versions as we start using newer gcc features. In Pure Maps case, its mainly issues that I've got when trying to use static linking with new Mapbox GL and opt-gcc that I used before.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
I used Version 1.28 a few times now and it worked like a charm. Thanks again, rinigus!

But now #636 was back:

Used PM yesterday and closed it after having reached my destination. When I tried to start it today, the moving circle was the only thing I saw, until I did the "old trick" and - bam - PM starts again...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post: