Notices

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico, Monterrey.
Originally Posted by mothmanex View Post
Xenogears : Freeze when clicking on "continue" or "new game" (when not using custom bios).

When using Custom Bios, it doesn't load it.
Scratch that, since the new app update, I can now use custom bios, and it is fully playable with cycle at 4

Last edited by mothmanex; 2010-03-24 at 17:20.

which is the best bios to use for psx4all ? currently using schp101.bin which is the 2003 one . its working ok for the most part but the sound spits get on my nerves . stuttering . sounds like popping

Last edited by popwar; 2010-03-24 at 17:33.

Originally Posted by MaltedVomit View Post
supercross circuit is running at 3-4 fps. playable besides the slow frame rate. seems to have a few minor graphics glitches and sound still plays even though i set it off.
question: am i correct in the way im reading the fps? four digits, decimal after the second? XX.XX?

update: i think i was reading the fps wrong, i was getting 30-40fps. i tried the scph1001.bin BIOS and it now runs consistently @ 40fps with less graphical glitches. raising the frame skip makes the game go blank and any cycle multiplier higher than 3 pauses the game (the paused start menu comes up inside the game) and i am unable to resume until i set the multiplier back down to 3.

this is the only game i really care about on PS1 and I've run it in emulation on a few other systems. even in this alpha state psx4all runs this game better than my old TYTN2 running the newest version of fpsece. best i could do with fpsece was around 22fps with a 3 frameskip. so i am excited to how this develops, if it can achieve around 50fps this fast racing game will be very fun to play. thanks and good job devs!

Could someone explain to me what's Cycle Multiplier and what does it do and why shouldn't I just set it to a high number?
________
EXTREME Q

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:36.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I have tested these games my self:

Batman & Robin: gets in to game but controls lose somewhere... otherwise seems to work well.

Colin McRae Rally: Works well until you play i little, then game crashes.

Dune 2000: You get in to menu what starts to blink, and you cant get forward.

Diablo: Crashes befor getting in menu.

Need for Speed 2: Just closes PSX4ALL.

G-Police: Just closes PSX4ALL.

Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace: Stays at the Loading Bios screen and tilts.

Resident Evil 1: Stays just in Loading Bios screen.

Resident Evil 2: Nothing happens after Loading Bios screen.

Resident Evil 3: Stays just in the starting screen.

Blade: You het in the loading screen, where the blade is rounding, but then nothing.

Silent Hill: You get in to game, but after walking a little, game tilts. There are some graphical bugs, but game otherwise would be playable.

Spawn: Stops in to games loading screen.

Spider-Man 1: Menus and loading screen seems to work in right speed, but game is a bit slow, but still seems to work.

Spider-Man 2: And same thing here, menus and loading screen seems to work in right speed, but game is a bit slow, but still seems to work.

Tekken 2: works but very bad graphical issues...

add THPS3 and THPS4 to the list . they have no problems except for it needs about 10 more fps to be considered decently playable . its playable now if you can stand it

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by Blackangel85 View Post
I have tested these games my self:

Batman & Robin: gets in to game but controls lose somewhere... otherwise seems to work well.

Colin McRae Rally: Works well until you play i little, then game crashes.

Dune 2000: You get in to menu what starts to blink, and you cant get forward.

Diablo: Crashes befor getting in menu.

Need for Speed 2: Just closes PSX4ALL.

G-Police: Just closes PSX4ALL.

Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom Menace: Stays at the Loading Bios screen and tilts.

Resident Evil 1: Stays just in Loading Bios screen.

Resident Evil 2: Nothing happens after Loading Bios screen.

Resident Evil 3: Stays just in the starting screen.

Blade: You het in the loading screen, where the blade is rounding, but then nothing.

Silent Hill: You get in to game, but after walking a little, game tilts. There are some graphical bugs, but game otherwise would be playable.

Spawn: Stops in to games loading screen.

Spider-Man 1: Menus and loading screen seems to work in right speed, but game is a bit slow, but still seems to work.

Spider-Man 2: And same thing here, menus and loading screen seems to work in right speed, but game is a bit slow, but still seems to work.

Tekken 2: works but very bad graphical issues...

The only game that has not worked for me is Crash Racing (I have been trying less taxing games- that was the most taxing I tried). Frankly, I will be happy with Raiden 2, Dead or Alive,Gunners Heaven and Hot Shots Golf. I never expected those to work well, but Raiden 2, Gunners Heaven and Hot Shots are very playable

If there is some way to get GPU support, Dead or Alive should work well too (about 60% speed ATM).

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-03-25 at 12:58.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Can you please post the configs you used for these speeds? Gran Turismo 1 just crashes for me.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Could someone test WWF attitude for me please?

southpark - videos at start a bit jerky but game plays well

Iss Pro Evolution - works but slow

Crash Bandicoot - doesnt work

Wipeout- works but slow

Crash Team Racing(demo) - first screens load up then emulator closes itself

Driver(demo) - works quite well

Medievil(demo) - works but very slow

Abes Oddysee- Works great

GTA- Working great

Coolboarders- Works great

Tenchu Stealth Assassins- Works great

Worms Armageddon- Works great

Last edited by Kevstacey; 2010-04-05 at 22:14.

Tags
games, psx4all