Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
This is just too cool. It's from 1994. Not much revolutionary about tablets :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBEtP...layer_embedded

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I had a Toshiba PoqetPad Plus back in the early 90s. It wasn't the first of it's kind either, the original PoqetPad came out in 89, well before Apple had anything close to a pad/tablet. Toshiba also had a line of tablets that ran Dos, and either Win3.0 to 3.11 (with the tiny "micro drives" that were 1" square, all of 20M..)

I still have a Point 510 running at my house. It's got Win95 on it with pen extensions. The drive bit it a long while back, so it's now got a solid-state drive instead. Makes a nice picture frame and interface console for the automation system in the house.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
This gadget is waaaaay more revolutionary than the iPad ever has been.
1- Touch screen ... very uncommon, basically magic
2- Portable computer ... very uncommon, basically magic
3- User friendly .... very uncommon in the days
4- Interactive media (pictures, videos with SOUND!) .... magic to many people who yet to experience a personal computer.

That's triple the magic the iPad ever had.
For the iPad to even match this innovation, it must be an iPhone which folds out to become an iPad with seemless body (no flex), double the current battery life, quadriple the performance, add a tablet user interface (eg PlayBook), support technologies that are locked out (Flash) ... Apple the innovator, my arse!

theres still no app out there than what this tablet can do: read news for you, play the replay of sports your reading and a sweet slow mo feature... and this is 1994???

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
That's sweet as f**k!
Maybe my iPad isn't very good after all...

Nothing in the handheld business is revolutionary, there is no innovation. Blame the US patent system, blame Apple's reality distortion field, blame greedy corporate politics but mostly blame the human race - we have turned in to a bunch of lazy, media consuming slobs.

Technology has became cliche and fad, instead of using it to better our lives and solve problems we use it to showoff in front of our friends and potential sex partners. Instead of using technology to create more free time and enjoy the wonders of this earth and our lives with our friends and loved ones we get enslaved by it

ITS ALL BULL$HIT.

Last edited by Daneel; 2011-08-23 at 16:39.