Notices

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I decided to try out kernel-bfs.
After trying to install, it gave me that there are conflicts with some package from the kernel-power and decided to remove kernel-power.

So I restored the Nokia kernel (from the menu icon), removed the bootimg and did a reboot.
After that, I could still select the power48 option (while I actually removed the bootimg!)

But, that didn't do anything, so I picked stock kernel.

After that, I installed kernel-bfs, and the bootimg of bfs.
But it didn't show up in my bootmenu.

I put the .item file manually into my phone, selected the file, but it doesn't boot anymore. Neither into the stock kernel.

After flashing the kernel-only, I could boot up back into stock.
So, I removed everything from kernel-bfs (also manually the .item file) and decided to put kernel-power (48) back with the bootimg.

Guess what? There was no bootmenu entry for kernel power!?

So again, I added manually the .list file... and the result: Same problem as I had with kernel-bfs: I coudlnt boot anymore into any of my kernels.

So I flashed the kernel again, now I can boot into the stock...

Does anyone know what I should do to fix this problem?

Edit:
Hmm, I tried one more time and it did work after manually adding the .list file and the zImage file.

Altough I find it odd that it doesn't install those files anymore (I had to place them manually in their correct places)

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-11-11 at 12:44.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
Ok, there are 3 location you have to check

/etc/multiboot.d
/lib/module
/boot

In /etc/multiboot, you should find your *.item file which content should be like this (copied from mine):

ITEM_NAME="Maemo kernel-power 2.6.28.10-power48"
ITEM_KERNEL="2.6.28.10-power48"
ITEM_MODULES="ext3"

In /lib/modules, you should find a folder containing a lot of .ko files (the kernel modules) and this folder should be named 2.6.28.10-power48

And finally, in /boot you should find the bootimg named zImage-2.6.28.10-power48

If ouy miss any of those files, you will have to reinstall kernel packages.

Last edited by Mitrigol; 2011-11-11 at 12:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
oups, you use bootmenu and not multiboot, the item file is maybe located in another location...

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
oups, you use bootmenu and not multiboot, the item file is maybe located in another location...
I do use multiboot, but with bootmenu I meant the OS select screen

But the problem was that it doesn't install any of the files to the right directories...

Tags
bootmenu, kernel, kernel-bfs, kernel-power, multiboot