Active Topics

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
I tried SNES and GBA games without issues.

But, regarding your advice to disable auto-save/load from global settings, i have an issue with this.
I disable the option, then go back with a swipe to the left and arrive back to the emulator home screen.

If i reopen the global settings, auto-save/load is activated again.

I already checked folders and files permissions, but even with a 777 everywhere, i still have this issue. Also, at first i installed as root. so uninstalled and manually deleted folders (removal left .emumaster and emumaster folders in nemo home) and then reinstalled as simple user.
I also tried to disable others settings and only one was successful, the frameskip bar. All others return to enabled once i reopen the global option page.

Is someone able to reproduce this?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
First of all, I just noticed recently that my fork on bitbucket is not public.
So, I uploaded the sources to github.
I changed the initial post accordingly.

Originally Posted by Mitrigol View Post
I tried SNES and GBA games without issues.

But, regarding your advice to disable auto-save/load from global settings, i have an issue with this.
I disable the option, then go back with a swipe to the left and arrive back to the emulator home screen.

If i reopen the global settings, auto-save/load is activated again.

I already checked folders and files permissions, but even with a 777 everywhere, i still have this issue. Also, at first i installed as root. so uninstalled and manually deleted folders (removal left .emumaster and emumaster folders in nemo home) and then reinstalled as simple user.
I also tried to disable others settings and only one was successful, the frameskip bar. All others return to enabled once i reopen the global option page.

Is someone able to reproduce this?
That's a known issue.
The settings seem to be reset each time when you open the settings view.
If you apply the settings and close the view the settings should be applied until you re-open the view.
As far as I can remember, the settings should also survive a restart of Emumaster.
So, the problem only shows up when you re-open the settings view.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Very awesome, good work from developer.

Just one question, why dont some buttons at the settings for example delete, overwrite, restart or delete all dont work?

Greetings

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
any new progress on this?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Italy
I'm really interested in this project, are you still on it? and how about playing a psx game?

Originally Posted by ThisIsZedd View Post
I'm really interested in this project, are you still on it? and how about playing a psx game?
I didn't have the time to put any more work into this.
In fact, I only saw this thread pop up here by accident.
For anyone interested, the source of the Qt5/SaiflishOS version is available at github (See link in first post.).

Unfortunately, I didn't make a proper hg to git export but just uploaded the full source in one commit so you don't see the single steps that had to be done to do the port.
However, you can still diff against the original version from elemental in order to get an idea what would need to be done to port more emulators.
Actually, I don't even recall, right now, if PSX was supported in the original version in the first place.

i cant start the games. drop files on emumaster/gba and emumaster/state nothing happens

@Wonko: Is this port dead?

Is there any GBA/PSX emulator for Sailfish that works with the TOHKBD?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarvis For This Useful Post:
Well I got the Sailfish QT SDK installed, downloaded the project from github, built it to get emumaster-0.3.1-1.armv7hl.rpm,

and ran it on device.

Result - nothing happens when you click 'snes'.

Put games into /home/nemo/emumaster/snes and unzipped chrono trigger and renamed it to ch.sfc

Was able to run it from command line with:

Code:
invoker --type=generic --single-instance /opt/emumaster/bin/snes ch.sfc
Game started-up and showed 4 buttons onscreen. Was unable to find how to press start/select.

Snes core based on snes9x, so I tried adding snes9x options to the invocation, but invoker complains "invoker: error: Can't send signal 6 to application [XXYZ]: No such process" whenever I add an option