Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by vallefp View Post
HI! I have a similar problem, the app try to open but then close too. I typed "python2.5 /opt/ytube/ytube.py" and this is the answer:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/ytube/ytube.py", line 311, in <module>
YTube.checklogin()
File "/opt/ytube/ytube.py", line 302, in checklogin
YouTubeDataService.youtubeLogin (username)
File "/opt/ytube/youtubeservice.py", line 33, in youtubeLogin
YouTubeDataService.ytService.email = unicode (YouTubeAPISettings.userDict [username] [0], "utf-8")
KeyError: PyQt4.QtCore.QString (u'MY_YOUTUBE_NICKNAME')

I hope this will help you.
it must something wrong with your youtube account, try delete the config setting in /home/user/.config/ytube/ folder. After delete the config file you should be able to open the ytube app and enter your youtube account again.

By the way, there's a new app nvideo which I recently develop and publish, which is much better than this one and in qt c++, you may want to check it out.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Slovakia, Bratislava
Thanks! Looks better and even works better than Cutetube.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Slovakia, Bratislava
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
By the way, there's a new app nvideo which I recently develop and publish, which is much better than this one and in qt c++, you may want to check it out.
I lately tried nvideo and I must say it's far better than Cutetube and Ytube. I've had some difficulities with sound at first start, but after reboot everything runs fine. Anyway, I wasn't able to download ytube and nvideo from repositories, I did manual download from maemo.org/packages and then installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to noname711 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by noname711 View Post
I lately tried nvideo and I must say it's far better than Cutetube and Ytube. I've had some difficulities with sound at first start, but after reboot everything runs fine. Anyway, I wasn't able to download ytube and nvideo from repositories, I did manual download from maemo.org/packages and then installed.
It is in testing repository, did you forget to enable it?

Originally Posted by khuong View Post
it must something wrong with your youtube account, try delete the config setting in /home/user/.config/ytube/ folder. After delete the config file you should be able to open the ytube app and enter your youtube account again.

Thank's the app works fine again. Already I just installed Nvideo, but it doesn't have a search option like YTube.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by vallefp View Post
Thank's the app works fine again. Already I just installed Nvideo, but it doesn't have a search option like YTube.
Just open the keyboard and start typing to search in NVideo.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Just open the keyboard and start typing to search in NVideo.
Thank´s, I didn't know how to search videos on NVideo. Now only the app needs to work with Twitter and Facebook like YTube.

Hi everyone, is there any way that I can download videos from dailymotion using any apps for N900 or software for my pc? Thakns in advance.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Portugal
Hello!
I'v installed YTube but the application doesn't works right.

I can't play or download videos. It keeps showing the video information windows.
Also when I go to my youtube account and play one of my videos the screen freezes.
And every time I open the application I have to set my account again.

I'v installed with from the application manager.

Can some one help me on this.

Thanks