Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
*Grin*, at least I know why Conboy isn't shipped with a desktop file for the navigator applet

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
*Grin*, at least I know why Conboy isn't shipped with a desktop file for the navigator applet
Hehe Yea, I was just curious how it would work in principle. After that I discovered, that if you want to use it, you have to sacrifice one of the standard plug-ins. And then I found out, that task navigator plug-ins will not exist in fremantle anymore. So for now I'm not sure if it is a good idea to put more energy into this plug-in...

Still, some kind of applet would be very nice. Something that maybe shows the 5 latest notes and a button to search all of them.

Or maybe some integration with Quick Clip?! Well, anyways I should implement a D-Bus API

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I just uploaded version 0.2.1 to the autobuilder. This is only a small bugfix release:
  • Fixed small problem when removing bullets.
  • Toolbar and menubar items should be always consistent now. (Thanks qwerty12 for reporting.)
There is now a Chinook version too. It would be nice, if anyone with a device running Chinook could try it. Both Diablo and Chinook version should be in extras-devel soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I just released version 0.3 of Conboy. It was build by the autobuilder for Chinook and Diablo, so it should be available in extras-devel soon. Also files are available here.

News in version 0.3

• Support for the fullscreen button
• Creating nested bullet lists is now possible
• Increasing and decreasing the depth of bullets is working
• Pressing enter at the end of a list item creates a new list item on the same level
• There are now 3 different bullet characters for different levels
• When opening a note, it is automatically scrolled to the cursor position
• It's now possible to first select a text style and then write using this style
• Automatic creation of bullet lists if line starts with a dash (-) or asterix (*)
• Cleaned up the user interface
• Added text sizes "small", "normal", "large" and "huge" to the list of text styles

Update: I just released version 0.3.1 because I accidentally left in some debug code which showed the bullet lists in orange/gray colors... To much sun It should be available soon via extra-devel or the above link.

Enjoy!

Last edited by conny; 2009-04-26 at 14:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Hi coony as a practice i wanted to remove conboy to install the latest version but i found that i am unable to remove it completely from my extras folder apt-get remove did not remove it, it is still in the extras folder rebooted but it still persist, i just checked and it shows in personal menu configuration menu even though it is uninstalled with application manager, how do i remove it thanks.

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

The Following User Says Thank You to Un27Pee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
Hi coony as a practice i wanted to remove conboy to install the latest version but i found that i am unable to remove it completely from my extras folder apt-get remove did not remove it, it is still in the extras folder rebooted but it still persist, i just checked and it shows in personal menu configuration menu even though it is uninstalled with application manager, how do i remove it thanks.
You found a bug - congratulations
There is one file that is not being deleted automatically. Go to /usr/share/applications/hildon and remove conboy.desktop. That should do the trick.
But even without doing this it should be possible to install the new version.
I'll include a fix for this in the next version. Thanks for reporting!

how do you get there and with what editor thanks

T3 - IT 810

with what editor can i remove that gpe file manager does not have the remove option
Edit: access denied

T3 - IT 810

3.0 works great! I hate to bring up apparently idiosyncratic cosmetic issues, but any chance of getting text color / background color options (display, not formatting) and hide toolbar in fullscreen? I may not be the only one with a white on full dark screen fetish ... maybe it's a writer thing?

The Following User Says Thank You to q335r49 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Un27Pee View Post
with what editor can i remove that gpe file manager does not have the remove option
Edit: access denied
You can delete this file only as root. So open terminal, become root and type:
Code:
rm /usr/share/applications/hildon/conboy.desktop
Or you just wait for the next release (around end of this week) install the new version and then uninstall it. When removing the new version it will also remove this file.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:

Tags
conboy, grauphel