When it comes out, will you need to install other software to make it work, or will it be one click to install and you are done?

I *think* one click install should be fine. Also be advised to install mplayer for best results!!
(Aslo if you have Canola1 installed you have to uninstall it first and reboot)

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
@Jer: I really don't want to guess. But of course we are taking the time to fix whatever we can find.

@WFT : We worked right to have no dependencies issues like the previous release, but of course we cannot try with all the user's repositories possible. So maybe some weird thing for those with too much alternative repositories.

The only thing you need to do after done is go to settings and setting what folders you want Canola2 to watch for each specific media (photo, media, videos)

While I think this is pretty straightfoward, there's still one issue (the linux-style folders) are appearing what can mislead the no-so-linux oriented users in the realm of the /media/mmc1/ etc. But basically you just hit the eye button and the folder is watched.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Hi handful

First off, I would like to thank you and your team for being so committed to bringing this crazy user experience to the IT. The fact that the interface is theme-able has impressed the heck out of my colleagues who have the iPhone and iPod Touch, and I love the way it handles my podcast subscriptions.

I have not been able to get two things working so far, and was hoping you or a member of your team could point me in the right direction:

a. album art is not showing up in C2. In Windows Explorer (on Vista), the album arts is displayed, but they do not show up in C2.

[UPDATE: Found this - https://garage.maemo.org/projects/canola-tuning/ and it worked like a charm, exccept that Global Underground 20 album art couldn't be found. But the other 8 albums came up fine *yay*]

b. Photocasts don't seem to work, at least not with RSS feeds. Is this normal? Have you guys got any photocasts to share?

I'm more piqued by the non-display of album art, so if you guys had any idea how I could get this working, it would really make my day

Last edited by ghoonk; 2008-01-02 at 12:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to ghoonk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
ive written a guide on how to manually download and place coverart in canola 2 so it is displayed correctly

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Ghook:

Use Flickr feeds to photocast. It's still not working the way we planned, but its possible to use right now.

BR

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post: