Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ontario
Anyone know where I can get a Nokia BH-221 bluetooth accessories. Expansys isnt caring them anymore in Canada. I am in the GTA area. Plus anyone have experience with it, plan on using it with my N9

The Following User Says Thank You to singh01 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by singh01 View Post
Anyone know where I can get a Nokia BH-221 bluetooth accessories. Expansys isnt caring them anymore in Canada. I am in the GTA area. Plus anyone have experience with it, plan on using it with my N9
Hi,

I personally own one, I am pretty disappointed concerning the fm receiver, it doesn't receive properly stations, even near emitter.

Also, the price was very expensive if you consider this bad fm receiver trouble ...

Other functionalities like call answering, music player controlling work properly.

Imho it's not worth to try considering the model BH-214 ...

Hope it help.

A++

The Following User Says Thank You to colin.stephane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ France
I bought one a year ago.
The warranty for Nokia accessories is 6 months, bring it back to a Nokia Care point and they'll replace it no questions asked if it stops working.
Well... I brought mine back 3 times in those 6 months because it kept breaking.

It is a fantastic accessory (quality and ease of use are top notch), but there is something really dodgy in how they built the headphone jack socket that kept breaking (essentially leaving only one earbud working, both when you pressed the casing a bit, but eventually both sides always failed).

About 2 months after my 3rd return, it broke again and I just gave up. It was not well distributed (or people just weren't interested), so it cost about 60 euro, which is unacceptable for something so fragile. And I am honestly quite gentle with my gadgets, so it's not like *I* broke it.

The BH 214 got a lot of praise, but if you want NFC, you'll have to get a non-Nokia one. Sony just released the SBH20 which is the BH-221 without a radio. I've had it for a couple of days, and it's the same experience... let's see how long this one lasts.
The official page about it is here: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...headset-sbh20/