Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Ilew View Post
There are some folders which contain contact details/emails:
\mmcblk0p2\user\.rtcom-eventlogger\
\mmcblk0p2\user\.osso-abook\db\
\mmcblk0p2\user\.osso-abook-backup\db\
\mmcblk0p2\user\.modest\

and probably some other dirs that I missed.
uups, I mssed that.
Somehow I just assumed all personal data would be stored under mydocs!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
OK, here is tha MyDocs tarfile from the device.
I removed all personal content from it; maemish_mydocs_27112018.tar

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Had a quick browse through to see if anything stands out. From what I can tell: they used public transport, they liked installing themes and Maemish is lucky it still works as they've been using N900Fly.

There are some wallpapers that look like they originate from Nokia that I don't recall. That doesn't mean a lot as I've never changed from the default bubbles.

Theres a few apps that stand out.
maemish_21112018.tar\maemish\mmcblk0p2\opt\maemo\u sr\bin\
cisco-decrypt
cp-nemo
epconf
epconf-abook
epconf-mc-tool
epconftool
pcf2vpnc
rdesktop
rdesktop-m5ui

rdesktop is in extras-devel. Having just looked at the latest deb though, it does not create rdesktop-m5ui. Our package is dated 2010-02-09 14:10 UTC where as the guide mentioned below is dated 2011-02-03 so it would appear this is customized/updated.

Remote Desktop Guide:
maemish_21112018.tar\maemish\mmcblk0p2\opt\maemo\u sr\share\rdesktop-m5ui\
maemish_21112018.tar\maemish\mmcblk0p2\opt\maemo\u sr\share\epconf-sets\blue\ (Has a link to some related files, but doesn't seem to work).

Nemo? Has control panel icon. Banner mentions Check Point Software Technologies, who bought Nokia Security Appliance Business in 2009 (https://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/1...k_point_nokia/)
maemish\mmcblk0p2\opt\maemo\usr\share\icons\hicolo r\scalable\apps\
Other icons in various size (18x18, 64x64) folders
maemish_21112018.tar\maemish\mmcblk0p2\opt\maemo\u sr\share\icons\hicolor\

Hiro VPN:
maemish_21112018.tar\maemish\mmcblk0p2\opt\maemo\u sr\sbin\
maemish_21112018.tar\maemish\mmcblk0p2\opt\maemo\u sr\share\pixmaps\hiro-vpn\

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Thanks, it is good that someone with knowledge goes thru the dumps to see if there are some hidden gems

My own competence mainly lies in the very early boot stage, usually before the children of init inherit the world

I assume I can return the device to @maemish now, as there probably is nothing more to dig out from it.

Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
So you took everything from the current setup as well as from thr back up?

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
So you took everything from the current setup as well as from thr back up?
Well, the mmcblk0p2 dump is "complete image" so anything there is included. Of mmcblk0p1 (which means MyDocs) I tarred it as the partition dump is so huge, about 29GB so there is no sense in uploading that in its entirely. It was mostly empty really, only 500MB of content.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
To save some time/ guess work regarding package info, did you manage to get dpkg -l (small L) output? I'm by no means an expert on any of this. Depending on apt cached db you might be able to get a list of available packages from the unknown repo.

I don't see much use in the other apps, given their age as a security product. The rdesktop-m5ui could have use if rdesktop is still actively maintained for Leste. The other VPN related bits, we would probably still be better off building up to date openvpn. I seem to recall someone even suggested it as a built in icd2 plugin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
To save some time/ guess work regarding package info, did you manage to get dpkg -l (small L) output? I'm by no means an expert on any of this. Depending on apt cached db you might be able to get a list of available packages from the unknown repo.

I don't see much use in the other apps, given their age as a security product. The rdesktop-m5ui could have use if rdesktop is still actively maintained for Leste. The other VPN related bits, we would probably still be better off building up to date openvpn. I seem to recall someone even suggested it as a built in icd2 plugin.
Hi, sorry it took me a bit of time to get to it, am quite busy ATM.
Here's the dpkg packet list from the device.
maemish_packetlist

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Anyone to check? I checked it halfway without understanding at all. If you don't understand anything you can continue from there. If you do understand start from beginning.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
So, rdesktop is via rdesktop-maemo 1.6.0-2maemo1 and rdesktop-m5ui 1.0. Maemo repo is via rdesktop 1.7-maemo3. I only did a version check so i haven't looked at sources to see if patch for Maemo UI is in our version. We also have rdesktop-cli which could be equivalent to rdesktop-maemo. Haven't gone into Diablo/Chinook repo to see what we had there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: