Active Topics

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dun ask abt location
hi guys!

i installed NitDroid on my N900 and unfortunately something went wrong it's installed in system memory.
Now i want to uninstall it for two reasons
first: its not fully made (camera doesnt work, some problems with texting and stuff)
second: i want to install MeeGo

i searched around web and this forum but i couldn't find somewhere describing how to remove it!

i would a little help from you guys and oh i have used the autoinstaller to install Nitdroid.

Thanks

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by devil prince View Post
hi guys!

i installed NitDroid on my N900 and unfortunately something went wrong it's installed in system memory.
Now i want to uninstall it for two reasons
first: its not fully made (camera doesnt work, some problems with texting and stuff)
second: i want to install MeeGo

i searched around web and this forum but i couldn't find somewhere describing how to remove it!

i would a little help from you guys and oh i have used the autoinstaller to install Nitdroid.

Thanks

FOLLOW THIS STEPS:

Code:
root
mount /dev/mmcblk1p2 /and -o noatime
nitdroid-uninstaller
cd /
umount /and
if you want to remove installer
here the code:
apt-get remove nitdroid-installer
goodluck

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edcarsky For This Useful Post:
Thank alot dude

Hi community,

yesterday, I installed NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 in my N900. I did follow manual installation methods to install NITDroid in my 4gb sdcard. But now I can't able to boot maemo OS from multiboot menu. Press '0' or 'b' doesn't help. Only i can access the shell by pressing 's' while in NITDroid boot menu. I have 2 menu item available in boot menu as follows:

1 - NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk1p2
2 -

I get the following message if i press '0' to boot maemo

can't flash kernel, required files not found
Guru Meditation #00000025.62107712

Hit any key to panic.

i try to flash N900 using nokia flasher_3.5 - but failed to do so because when i switched the phone off and press the 'u' key and plug the usb cable my phone start the nitdroid and goes to restart loop and the flasher can't able to recognize the phone.

Please, help me on this - how can i boot to maemo again. How can i uninstall multiboot and NITDroid without booting to maemo. Is there a way to do so using NITDroid shell. I don't have nitdroid-uninstaller and my phone has PR1.3 updated.

P.S: You have mentioned above how to uninstall NITDroid - but from where I will run the commands that you have mentioned because I am unable to boot maemo. Please help.

Last edited by ncoder; 2010-12-08 at 10:06.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
What is the reason to start a new thread? Take a look on this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66459 & this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=61338

i counld't find dude but this new kewl dude told me n it worked so this post is closed

Originally Posted by devil prince View Post
i counld't find dude but this new kewl dude told me n it worked so this post is closed
Dude, i'm facing the same problem as yours can please teach me how to uninstall the NITDroid.....

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by ncoder View Post
Hi community,

yesterday, I installed NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 in my N900. I did follow manual installation methods to install NITDroid in my 4gb sdcard. But now I can't able to boot maemo OS from multiboot menu. Press '0' or 'b' doesn't help. Only i can access the shell by pressing 's' while in NITDroid boot menu. I have 2 menu item available in boot menu as follows:

1 - NITDroid 2.6.28.NIT.06 on mmcblk1p2
2 -

I get the following message if i press '0' to boot maemo

can't flash kernel, required files not found
Guru Meditation #00000025.62107712

Hit any key to panic.

i try to flash N900 using nokia flasher_3.5 - but failed to do so because when i switched the phone off and press the 'u' key and plug the usb cable my phone start the nitdroid and goes to restart loop and the flasher can't able to recognize the phone.

Please, help me on this - how can i boot to maemo again. How can i uninstall multiboot and NITDroid without booting to maemo. Is there a way to do so using NITDroid shell. I don't have nitdroid-uninstaller and my phone has PR1.3 updated.

P.S: You have mentioned above how to uninstall NITDroid - but from where I will run the commands that you have mentioned because I am unable to boot maemo. Please help.

Try to reflash just the kernel.
go to flasher on your computer and plug in your phone on update mode and type in flasher-3.5 -F (name of firmware image) --flash-only=kernel -f -R
it worked for me when i had that exact same problem

The Following User Says Thank You to flipalong For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
Try to reflash just the kernel.
go to flasher on your computer and plug in your phone on update mode and type in flasher-3.5 -F (name of firmware image) --flash-only=kernel -f -R
it worked for me when i had that exact same problem
Thanks bro....
Yes, i did re-flash the kernel and now everything back to normal. Previously I also tried to re-flash but the debug mode was not working. But after couple of try I was able to flash the kernel.