Hi,

So I received the comOne bluetooth keyboard today and the n800 sees the device but it won't pair to the device without the passcode being correct. However, theres no way to really enter the passcode

At the dialogue box were it says trust this device checkbox, passcode (some random digits) and an OK button. When I press the OK button the n800 tries to pair but then rejects the pair because of the lack of a passcode. I tried typing in the digits before pressing OK but that doesn't work. The vendor manuals are worthless too. Does anyone know of any command line options or some other way to disable the need for bluetooth authentication for one time only?

I looked through the entire GUI and haven't seen any option to change that on the n800 itself and googling hasn't yielded any results.

I edited /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf for my device but simply restarting the bluetooth daemon doesn't recognize the device.

I can run #hcitool cc address auth and the device will pair but isn't allowed to type anything. If I run the bluetooth tool again while it is paired it will just drop the connection and not get it back.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Set the acveptance pw to 0000 that should do it.

Okay I tried several ways to do this but have not been successful, could you elaborate on how to do this? I searched google trying to find examples of this but couldn't find any.

When the n800 gives you that random set of digits, the 4 digits to secure/link the bluetooth device(s), just change the numbers to 4 zeros.

Ahh sweet, that did it, thanks a lot! The only problem now is that the keyboard doesn't type In the Device details, Device type is "Uncategorized" that I guess is the value it assigns when it doesn't know what to do with it? The n800 recognized my phone and computer correctly :-/ Any further suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I think that keyboard is not compliant with the HID (human interface device) Bluetooth profile, only SPP. You will need to download Fanoush's KBDD program to work with it. There is some info about it here:

http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/

and a previous thread on the subject here:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...hp/t-3558.html

Alright, I'll give that a shot